Home brew beer by Greg Hughes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gippeswyk said:
I got this book as a Christmas gift. It is really well presented and informative. As I am getting back into home brewing after a very long break, I believe that it will inspire me to attempt the more involved raw ingredient brewing. :thumb:

I will need to get some more sophisticated equipment together, especially something that can boil 40+ pints or so.

The pictures in the book show an FV with a really wide neck, are these easy to source?

I too got this for Christmas! I can see the wife made a mistake, this is going to cost me, nay, her a lot of money for the next few years to come :party:

Guys, what's your take on this book recipes mash efficiency? Is it 70%, 72 %?
I'm trying to put'em into some brewing software and apps, but so far no luck with hitting the "right" numbers.
I actually need it for scaling (down) those recipes :)
Any help & input really appreciated! Cheers!

Hi mirogster.
Not sure what brewing software you are using, but with Beersmith 2 if you know your own mash efficiency and input the scaled down recipie final batch volume(allowing for losses) Beersmith automatically adjusts recipie ingredients amounts.

Thanks Maldon John! I was using BS2 as well :) But just for the sake of me being neurotic, I wanted to know for sure :)
And I've solid update on this. I've contacted the autor's site via twitter, and the answer was: recipes were created in regards of 75% total efficiency :)
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back