Peach puree

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I transferred my beer and I think it's come out pretty nice. The peach is more of a background note and while I wasn't looking for it to dominate it think I'll double the amount of puree next time. It'll be interesting to see how it is in a week when it's properly gassed up. Citra and peach seems to be a great combo.
Sounds good. Did you add 400g of puree in the end?

Yeah 400g. Seems really nice but will try this again with 800g. I think this is the type of beer that would disappear very quickly on a hot summer day. I mashed at 65C so it's a bit thin. Would probably up that to 67C as well.
First time using AEB New-E yeast. I'll definitely be trying this with my next NEIPA.

Yeah 400g. Seems really nice but will try this again with 800g. I think this is the type of beer that would disappear very quickly on a hot summer day. I mashed at 65C so it's a bit thin. Would probably up that to 67C as well.
First time using AEB New-E yeast. I'll definitely be trying this with my next NEIPA.
I must admit, the only GH recipe I have done that contains something other than water, malt, hops and yeast was the Elderflower Ale, which I entered into a comp and I was (quite rightly) told there was absolutely no trace of the elderflower whatsoever. Interesting that double the amount of peach only results in background flavour.

There's 150g of hops in it (50g Simco whirlpool, 50g simco & 50g citra dry hop) and I think they take over. Also, any video I've seen of fruit additions are more in line with what others said on this thread.
Maybe GH likes a beer with a fruit taste rather than fruit juice with a beer taste.

Back