Hop bill for an American Red Ale!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phildo79

Reaction score
Take a look at this and tell me if you think this is totally necessary? I mean, so many small amounts of different hops, spread out every 5 mins seems a tad OTT to me.

1694013897467.png

I can't believe it....
No hops at 25 minutes!

But really, life's too short to enjoy doing something like that. It would be 60min; 10min; & dry hop for me.

Looks like a rough approximation of the Dogfish Head 60/90 minute hopping technique. They feel it offers something to their award winning beers.

That might be a good shout @Sadfield
I've tried the 60 min IPA and it's a lovely beer. I have the recipe for it so I will compare the two. Oddly enough, I rejected the idea of cloning the 60 or 90 min IPA because of all the faff...then I went and did this one as per the hop bill.

It has turned out ok but I ramped up the dry hops and there was a lot of centennial in there, so I hope it improves with a bit of time.

Yeah, I don't have one of those. Someone built their own one and shared it with the world (Jeff Bagby?) but I couldn't be bothered going to that effort.

Back