keeping Yeast in the ccold and use it

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rui

Reaction score
i have a pack of SW06 that i wanted to use tonight in wheat brew kit...but i forgot to take it out from the bridge yesterday....can i still use it???
if yes, what will be the best way??

I assume that's a dry yeast (It's not one I've heard of). If so, just take it out now, or before you brew. It'll warm up to room temp in no time. Are you going to rehydrate it?

yes its dry yeast!!

no, i will just pownder inside!!

:cheers:

Rhetorical question :D

In which case, may we suggest you rehydrate it? Your beer will thank you :thumb:

Boil and cool some water to around 35C, sprinkle the yeast into it. Swirl around and leave it for 30 minutes or so, then pitch into the wort.

so should i rehydrate it??

i already used this yeast before and i never did it!!
:wha:

:hat:

Sorry - just edited my reply - yes, ideally you should. It prepares the yeast for osmosis and you'll find you'll get a much better fermentation. It's dead easy.

1. Boil water
2. cool it to 35C or so
3. pitch yeast into it
4. Swirl around
5. Leave for 30 minutes
6. Pitch into wort.

You didn't tell him how much water! It's usually 10ml/g so for a standard 11g pack of dry yeast you need 110mL of water. Ideally you need to follow the manufacturer's instructions as they vary in recommended temperature but I couldn't find it when I Googled. Who makes it?

Latest posts

Back