Keezer build - CO2 question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippy40

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All

I wonder if you experienced gents could give me some advice??

I am in the process of building a keezer after purchasing 3 lovely kegs from Matt a few weeks ago.

Basically I am now thinking about CO2. I went down to my local shop to get it and they could sell me 6Kg one but it stands at over 80 cm high. I have a max head space of 73cm in the keezer.

Can any of you gents tell me what would be the largest size that would fit in my keezer? Or if 6Kg is the best size, any ideas how I could disguise it as I would ideally like a very professional finish.

I have attached a pic below of the keezer taking shape - I aim to have a beer tap tower on top when finished.

Thanks
Zippy

keezer.jpg

keezer 2.jpg

The co2 tank doesn't need to be in the keezer. You could build a side compartment that could hold the tank as well as a manifold. Make it look similar to the keezer. Just an option.

Thanks for the replies. The keezer fits 3 cornies and hopefully a CO2 canister. I know it can be fitted outside but ideally I would want it inside - purely for aesthetics.

If I cant source a cylinder to fit inside, I will maybe try Japanbrews suggestion.

Does anyone know the sizes CO2 cylinders come in?

Ta Zippy

been having a look online and it seems like 6Kg is the standard. I can get smaller from BOC but it will cost a monthly rental fee which I wouldn't be prepared to fork out for unless I became and alcoholic lol.

I have seen that some people have used CO2 fire extinguishers in the past. Is this safe and how could you connect up to a standard regulator??

Hi!
Forgive me if this is a daft question, but will the gas bottle go in on an angle?
My supplier can get 3kg bottles, 520cm tall, �£55 initial cost, inc. gas, then �£20 per "refill". My 6kg bottle was �£60 and is also �£20 to "refill".

Hi!
Forgive me if this is a daft question, but will the gas bottle go in on an angle?
My supplier can get 3kg bottles, 520cm tall, ��£55 initial cost, inc. gas, then ��£20 per "refill". My 6kg bottle was ��£60 and is also ��£20 to "refill".

sadly no. The keezer will fit 4 corny kegs perfectly but I want to have three taps so the gas bottle would not be able to be angled. Would have been a good idea if I was happy with 2 kegs but I am greedy :grin:

Got mine from a guy in Doncaster, but these are the two 6.35KG bottle sizes:

650mm High x 200mm wide

OR

850mm High x 150mm wide

Got mine from a guy in Doncaster, but these are the two 6.35KG bottle sizes:

650mm High x 200mm wide

OR

850mm High x 150mm wide

If i could get the 650mm one it would suit me lovely - I will maybe enquire around a bit more specifically now that I know there is different sizes:thumb::thumb:

Back