Label making?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Me as well . . . I use photoshop to 'enhance' my labels and generally make them wrap around so the pritt stick only touched the labels not the glass

Hair spray is similar to an artist fixative used to fix pastels. They are effectively like a varnish.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
legionbob said:
Do you all use hairspray to stop the ink from running?

Hairspray???

Hairspray works well, I posted about it a while back.
Just the cheapo stuff will do, you don't need that posh Cossack stuff I know all you Barnsley lads like :grin:

I just print a sheet of "labels" in 20 point script with what it is and the date it was bottled in a nice font. By the time they're cut out they're about 1cm high by about 3cm wide and I just cut lengths of sellotape and stick them on. The takpe covers the whole label so no problems with getting damp.

I use milk to attach them to the bottle. Use a pastry brush to wet the back of the label and in a few minutes they are on solid, yet will come off no bother with a quick soak.

I was a bit unsure at first, thought the milk might go off and start to smell but it doesnt! :thumb:

Another pritt stick user here, when I bother to put on labels. I often just use a permanent pen and write the brew number on the crown top. :D

I use basic presentation software and print on an inkjet printer. Sure the ink will run if the label gets wet but so far I have not found a need to get the label wet other than to remove it.

Basically I tend to drink the brew too fast to make it worth the time; maybe I should label them to see if that will slow my drinking :oops: :hmm: :whistle: :drink:

I never label my bottles :D Where's the fun in that when you have guests over? They either :party: or :pray:

I'm a graphic designer though and I've used pens like this if you're willing to write on your labels rather than print them:
http://www.ukofficedirect.co.uk/staedtl ... 05606.aspx

edit: Just realised what you were asking sorry, ignore me but I'll leave the post in case anybody else wants to write on labels :oops:

Back