My beer label artwork

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these, some very pro designs!

I used to play around with photoshop many moons ago, I need to take another look just for this reason.

I do print my own labels, but I have been lazy and just used the free templates in Labelizer up to now and printed them on cheap paper from word lol!

They work though and look ok, but not as great as these ones, gives me a bit of inspiration seeing them, We'll done.

I do about a dozen labels like this for bottles im going to gift out, I have some sticky back matt photo paper to print onto, it's definitely extra effort but I really enjoy designing them.

The rest that I'm going to drink i just leave bare in a labelled crate.

I done this one earlier in the week ready for my next brew.

Just need to wait until the wild hops I found are ready for harvest, may have to change the abv when it's finished though šŸ˜…
Hubbard's Harvest.jpg

Mill Hill Gold - brewed for the campsite I work at's end of season BBQ. First time using a pressure barrel so šŸ¤ž it conditions well.

View attachment 90779
Seals can be an issue, the trick is tight but not too tight. Use soapy water around the seals to check for bubbles. I've had a turbo cider sitting in one for a few months now and its holding pressure just fine.

@GuyG Love the labels mate. I still only brew kits so make my labels based around those and no fancy names. Stick them all up in the bar as an alternative to pump clips. You can see in the background there's a few ladled bottles on the shelf.

View attachment 90937
Absolutely love this mate, I wish I could afford a bar like this myself!

I've enjoyed looking at these. I wish I had the creativity to come up with names, let alone labels.
I used to come up with weird and original names for every brew, like "one sock Friday" (named when I was low on laundry), "cycling midget" (what my housemate said my rotating sparge arm sounded like) and a variety of others.

Now that I share the beers with family and friends, it's much easier to just call them whatever the style is (saison, Blanche, hefeweizen, IPA etc) and not worry too much about having a different IPA in the second year. At least that way other people know what the beers are.

I used to do labels, and occasionally I'll use stable diffusion to make one up - but most of the time I'm lucky if the bottle caps get a scribbled on 'a' for ale, 'i' for IPA, 'sa' for saison etc.
Mostly they get put in the cellar by brew and rely on me remembering what it is

But your labels look cool and it might inspire me to do some funky ones for my next brew or at least my blackberry wine!

Latest posts

Back