My beer label artwork

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gone a bit futuristic anime with my latest label - but why not.
Using a new Lora i found on civitai for making T-Shirt artwork and it really is brilliant at doing labels!!!

Attachments

• 00003-2904773798.jpg
    00003-2904773798.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 0
These are great!

I've actually been thinking about doing a run of beers that each one is named after a classic Ford (due to going to banger racing alot when I was younger)... picking out the distinctive body lines of each as the background and use the badge as the name.

Granada
Cortina
Capri
Zephyr
Consul
My Dad had a Zephyr - bench seat at the front so that three people could sit in it. I had three capris - 1600, 2ltr and 2.8i (which got nicked). First car I ever drove was a Corsair which belonged to an aunt when I was 16 (on a trading estate after hours).

My Dad had a Zephyr - bench seat at the front so that three people could sit in it. I had three capris - 1600, 2ltr and 2.8i (which got nicked). First car I ever drove was a Corsair which belonged to an aunt when I was 16 (on a trading estate after hours).
Nice, I'm very jealous!! I've always wanted either a Capri or mk3 cortina as a road car.

I'm trying to work out how to do a label for my Abbot Ale clone which I've decided to name Abbot's Toe as a nod to Bishop's finger. I'm sure I'll crack it before its ready for drinking. 🧐

not only can we brew a tasty beer we can also label it well 😍. I'm stoked to be in the presence of such creative peeps. May 2024 be a step up for all of you from 2023.athumb..

not only can we brew a tasty beer we can also label it well 😍. I'm stoked to be in the presence of such creative peeps. May 2024 be a step up for all of you from 2023.athumb..
Our 20 year old printer is still working, but occasionally forgets to print one of the inks etc. We're thinking of replacing it, so I was looking at fancy laser colour printers over Christmas. The benefit of lasers is that the ink doesn't run.

My wife went "are you thinking if getting a really expensive laser printer just because of your beer labels?!?". I coughed and sidled out of the room. I think I got away with it 😂

Our 20 year old printer is still working, but occasionally forgets to print one of the inks etc. We're thinking of replacing it, so I was looking at fancy laser colour printers over Christmas. The benefit of lasers is that the ink doesn't run.

My wife went "are you thinking if getting a really expensive laser printer just because of your beer labels?!?". I coughed and sidled out of the room. I think I got away with it 😂
You need to find a reason why she needs one ;)

Lots of nice designs on this thread, but I do so miss the days when a bottle label was just an oval with nothing much on it except for the name of the brewery and the type of beer.

A colour laser printer isn't expensive, as it never suffers from dried out ink, saving you a fortune in replacement cartridges in the long run.

Just make sure you get one with that takes reasonably priced generic cartridges.

Our ancient Dell 1320C is still running after many years of service, and will probably only get replaced when software moves on & drivers are no longer available.
The only downside is that it's a bit low on memory for modern standards & if label image is too high-res, I have to print 1/2 a sheet at a time.

A colour laser printer isn't expensive, as it never suffers from dried out ink, saving you a fortune in replacement cartridges in the long run.

Just make sure you get one with that takes reasonably priced generic cartridges.

Our ancient Dell 1320C is still running after many years of service, and will probably only get replaced when software moves on & drivers are no longer available.
The only downside is that it's a bit low on memory for modern standards & if label image is too high-res, I have to print 1/2 a sheet at a time.
I think the last time I bought ink for the inkjet it was a few years ago and £10 for a bunch of 3rd party compatible ink. Toner is a bit more expensive, even for 3rd party stuff

Here a few more labels from my recent brews, or what I have in the pipeline. Something a little different this time with the help of Photoshop.

My bar's called Sixteen Gallon so using The Ranges MYO wine kits I've produced a 'House' selection (not done the white yet but the lable is ready)

Wine Bottles 01.jpg

Beer Bottles 01.jpg

Beer Bottles 02.jpg

Beer Bottles 03.jpg

Here a few more labels from my recent brews, or what I have in the pipeline. Something a little different this time with the help of Photoshop.

My bar's called Sixteen Gallon so using The Ranges MYO wine kits I've produced a 'House' selection (not done the white yet but the lable is ready)

View attachment 95821

View attachment 95822

View attachment 95823
View attachment 95824
These looks amazing. May I ask how you got them rendered on bottles... looks so awesome.

I design and print the labels in Adobe Indesign. For these I just got some bottle mockup's from https://www.freepik.com/ open them up in Photoshop, add your label artwork and it will render them for you. Mine all designed at 67x99mm as this is the size label I print on so the mockups do look a little starched / squashed to make them fit.

I design and print the labels in Adobe Indesign. For these I just got some bottle mockup's from https://www.freepik.com/ open them up in Photoshop, add your label artwork and it will render them for you. Mine all designed at 67x99mm as this is the size label I print on so the mockups do look a little starched / squashed to make them fit.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely give this a try at some point 👏🏻👏🏻

Back