Lakeland moonshine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had to google that one - it gives Brew In A Bag a whole new meaning.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/44118/Moonshi ... les-Bitter

Home-brewed beer doesn’t get any easier than this. No other equipment is required, just add 25 pints of warm water and the sachet of ‘Moondust’ yeast to the unique brewing bag, wait 14 days and you’ll be quaffing all-natural real ale for about £1 a pint.

Sounds revolting.

Seems an expensive way to brew beer and also I would have thought that the risk of a cloudy pint would be quite high.

Looks interesting just for the novelty - although there are lots of questions to be asked - where does the trub go? Why not buy from the supermarket where you can get ale for close to £1 a pint?

My dad did a similiar 'brew and dispense from the same bag' beer a few years ago, and has never touched a drop of homebrew since.. it was that bad.

For that price you could pick up a Wherry kit and a bucket in the wilko sale.

graysalchemy said:
Seems an expensive way to brew beer and also I would have thought that the risk of a cloudy pint would be quite high.

Coopers bitter is like £15-20 for 40 pints.

I also think that, that bag would need to be drank in a weekend just like the mini kegs you can buy at the supermarket, it's got student party written all over it, designed by my hometown students from Nottingham Trent uni.

We know how to party up there lol

chrig said:
My dad did a similiar 'brew and dispense from the same bag' beer a few years ago, and has never touched a drop of homebrew since.. it was that bad.

For that price you could pick up a Wherry kit and a bucket in the wilko sale.

Won't he drink yours?

I was given one of these about 15-20 years ago - it was pretty revolting :sick: ( So much so that I can remember it... )

Someone on here did one quite recently IIRC - I got the impression they have not improved much, just a gimmick

I agree with all above. Plus where is the fun in that?

So to summarize: Its quite expensive, the beer will probably be cloudy and its no fun.... Not for me... :nah:

So you don't need to buy any fermenting buckets etc. but twenty eight quid (plus carriage unless you're buying anything else or can collect from a local store) for a 25 pint brew sounds rather expensive.

And then you're drinking it straight from the FV with no conditioning!

If that bag can withstand any pressure then the first couple of pints are likely to blast out and be full of sediment, then the rest will be flat.

No thank you.

:thumb: Ive read all the comments, I really think im going to miss the lakeland and start a HB of my own to aim for my birthday in august for a BBQ should be plenty of time to get it right and ask questions from the veterans on this forum.....

jaydog said:
:thumb: Ive read all the comments, I really think im going to miss the lakeland and start a HB of my own to aim for my birthday in august for a BBQ should be plenty of time to get it right and ask questions from the veterans on this forum.....

A very wise decision... :thumb:

Hawks said:
jaydog said:

A very wise decision... :thumb:

I second that, can't wait for the invite! :drunk: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back