minikegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEBILJA

Reaction score
I am just seeking some advice regarding mini kegs. I have recently purchased this system but am unsure about adding sugar to the mini kegs. The first time I used it I added a small amount of sugar and it foamed every where when dispensing. The next time I added none and it is very flat, any ideas? Thanks in advance

I usually add 20g. The first pint or so is foamy but otherwise it's fine. Properly chilling the keg does help - I've had much more success with minikegs over the winter than I did last summer.

Yep, I do 20g for most of my beers too.

I had great success using one of those picnic bags with some freeze blocks added for cooling the kegs. Either overnight or during the day while at work seemed to be enough to get the keg down to the right temp.

Great for having the keg out in the garden on a hot sunny day too.

I am just seeking some advice regarding mini kegs. I have recently purchased this system but am unsure about adding sugar to the mini kegs. The first time I used it I added a small amount of sugar and it foamed every where when dispensing. The next time I added none and it is very flat, any ideas? Thanks in advance

Did you vent the first keg?

Latest posts

Back