No rinse sanitizers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some no rinse in the cider kit i got but switched to Milton as the tablets are readily and cheaply available, so far no issues although the mrs was not impressed when i filed the bath with 70 bottles and kit with Milton haha
I make a sink full of Milton with two tablets then put 28 bottles on the work top in the kitchen and pour approx 20 to 30 mm of Milton into each bottle, i then put the screw caps on and give each a good shake after 7 minutes i shake them all again and at 15 minutes they are done, i have never had a problem with spoiled wine.

I make a sink full of Milton with two tablets then put 28 bottles on the work top in the kitchen and pour approx 20 to 30 mm of Milton into each bottle, i then put the screw caps on and give each a good shake after 7 minutes i shake them all again and at 15 minutes they are done, i have never had a problem with spoiled wine.
I had a batch of bottles i got used they were in storage so were filthy washed them out and filled them with milton left overnight and they were sparkling amazing how much the heat and Milton lifted

I had some no rinse in the cider kit i got but switched to Milton as the tablets are readily and cheaply available, so far no issues although the mrs was not impressed when i filed the bath with 70 bottles and kit with Milton haha
I don't know why she'd complain as you deep cleaned the bath that week.

I would advise using something readily available and cost effective. I prefer TFR but can also see why people use thin bleach or Milton.

Sorry not a fan of any of the newfangled but don't really work expensive cleaners.

Although Milton does not need to be rinsed i tend to anyway other half has used in nurseries for over 20 years and swears by it and the kids put everything in their mouth and survive so it must work, as they buy in bulk its cheap as chips

Milton is diluted bleach, 2% sodium hypochlorite. Hypochlorite is bleach, which is toxic.. so needs to be rinsed
You're right. But there's something about their concentration that allows it to be claimed as non-toxic, no-rinse, not smelly even. The big containers get used in hospitals. The stuff sold in "domestic" amounts makes it easy to use "safe" concentrations (best known for cleaning baby feed bottles).

Damned if I'd use it though! Don't like chlorine cleaners/sanitisers (but I do use VWP a times). I'd be happier using the iodine ones, but I'm not convinced they are so "taintless" either. Hence, I study the value of those hydrogen peroxide ones.

Latest posts

Back