Party corny Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholsasab

Reaction score
Looking to take a corny keg to a new year party.. have figured out i won't be getting a little gas keg charger deliverd in time for the do :nono::nono:.. Has anyone had a play around with pumping a high psi into the corny keg to last all night decanting the keg,, ? 15 of us going so i goes it won't last long :lol:

No, sorry. I wonder though, if you had a spare empty keg and filled it with co2, perhaps double the serving pressure and connected the two, it would expel the beer until you had two kegs of co2 at balanced pressure.

"Inspiration is the impact of a fact on a well-prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

I've done exactly that with a keg but I needed to use a flow controller. The less full the keg the better it works as you can get more gas into the deadspace. Do it as late as you can before you leave and try to avoid jiggling it too much on the way.

EDIT: I've also got a bike pump linked up to a length of pipe with a schrader valve on the end and keg connector on the other, which if you're going to drain the keg is fine to use.

Last edited:
Back