Philip Hammond says there are 'no unemployed people'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry mate I was half cut.
Apologies 🤭
Feel brutal if that makes you feel better though lol 🤢

Not an issue. My comment was just a light hearted barb.
My positions on most of this stuff are generally a bit more nuanced than they might appear but half the fun of fishing is trying to get a bite.

Hope the headache's better...

Not an issue. My comment was just a light hearted barb.
My positions on most of this stuff are generally a bit more nuanced than they might appear but half the fun of fishing is trying to get a bite.

Hope the headache's better...

Forum rule no.5. Trolling/flamming :nono: ;)

That's one of the problems of having not having a job - boredom. In small towns with high unemployment drug use is also very high. I have no idea of prices but I'd suggest drugs are cheaper than you think

And if you grow your own and sell the excess, you can turn a profit.

If the feckless one and his partner have managed to convince someone that they're so depressed that they qualify for PIP, they get passported into IS at ESA rates, then they claim to be one another's carers and get an extra £75 a week carers allowance each and the bonus prize of no longer having to look for work, then there's the free housing, reductions to council tax, free prescriptions etc.
There are people on benefits who are really struggling but for those that know the system it can be a gravy train.

If the feckless one and his partner have managed to convince someone that they're so depressed that they qualify for PIP, they get passported into IS at ESA rates, then they claim to be one another's carers and get an extra �£75 a week carers allowance each and the bonus prize of no longer having to look for work, then there's the free housing, reductions to council tax, free prescriptions etc.
There are people on benefits who are really struggling but for those that know the system it can be a gravy train.

And now we all know. Thanks Ken. Ive the rest of the week sorted.:thumb:

If the feckless one and his partner have managed to convince someone that they're so depressed that they qualify for PIP, they get passported into IS at ESA rates, then they claim to be one another's carers and get an extra �£75 a week carers allowance each and the bonus prize of no longer having to look for work, then there's the free housing, reductions to council tax, free prescriptions etc.

That "someone" is a Crapita assesor who is actively trying to not let them anywhere near any gravy trains.

The level of benefit fraud is tiny compared to the abuses on the public purse by those with more money than most people will see in there lifetimes. You only have to look at the paradise papers to see that. Even the feckers who are supposed to be representing us are riding the gray train to the last stop and then still refusing to get off (MP's expenses scandal - both sides of the house).

But because benefit fraud is committed by someone possibly like us, who might live one our street, it feels more personal. Have you ever met a billionaire? I havent (probably because they dont even reside in this country for the most part and if they do they wont be living in Peckham).

Pointing the finger at someone who's nicking a few quid in ESA is also quite convient - look a squirrel! Whilst they trouser millions of our money. Its funny that the people with the most money are the ones with their hands deepest in our pockets

A few taking big bites or a lot taking little bites. The effect is the same.

If the upshot is that you have an impoverished old age and suffer because there's no money for your hip replacement, you have every reason to be angry - and it makes not a jot of difference whether the person taking from the pot is a toff or a scrote.

A few taking big bites or a lot taking little bites. The effect is the same.

If the upshot is that you have an impoverished old age and suffer because there's no money for your hip replacement, you have every reason to be angry - and it makes not a jot of difference whether the person taking from the pot is a toff or a scrote.

But the ones taking big bites are taking gigantic size bites and the ones taking the little bites are lot less than their are made out to be

There's a reason why 50% of the worlds wealth is owned by 1% of the world populations and I'm pretty sure it's not because people are defrauding the DWP

But the ones taking big bites are creating jobs and paying taxes (even if they're not paying as much as they should) and the ones taking the little bites contribute nothing but petty crime, antisocial behaviour and a drain on the public purse.

But the ones taking big bites are creating jobs and paying taxes (even if they're not paying as much as they should) and the ones taking the little bites contribute nothing but petty crime, antisocial behaviour and a drain on the public purse.

Not when they're off shoring their money to the cayman islands their not paying taxes. If they happen to be here, they're using our roads, schools,and NHS and not paying for it

And Kev, is spending his ill gotten gains from the DWP, in the local community, and paying VAT in a far higher percentage of those ill gotten gains then Lewis Hamiton is on aeroplanes

But Lewis Hamilton hasn't lived in the UK for 10 years and his alleged tax irregularities are unlikely to affect anyone here.

But Lewis Hamilton hasn't lived in the UK for 10 years and his alleged tax irregularities are unlikely to affect anyone here.

I don't care how much he 'earns' or how much tax he does or doesn't pay - I'm not getting out of bed at 0430 to pay his food and lodgings and he's not robbing my house to return the favour, unlike the ****wits who have chosen that way to make a living.

That's one of the problems of having not having a job - boredom. In small towns with high unemployment drug use is also very high. I have no idea of prices but I'd suggest drugs are cheaper than you think

I've not had a job for nearly fifteen years, it's called "retirement". :thumb:

Boredom? I wish! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the ones taking big bites are creating jobs and paying taxes and the ones taking the little bites contribute nothing but petty crime, antisocial behaviour and a drain on the public purse.

Er ... I dispute most of the above as follows:

"the ones taking big bites are creating jobs"

As the furore is about people moving their money OUT of the UK I fail to see how they create jobs IN the UK. (Apart from the solicitors and accountants who are aiding them in their tax avoidance.)

"and paying taxes (even if they're not paying as much as they should)"

These people move their money OUT of the UK without paying ANY tax.

"the ones taking the little bites contribute nothing but petty crime, antisocial behaviour and a drain on the public purse."

My granddaughter is a "single parent" who was deserted by her husband. She received an allowance for herself and my great-granddaughter. When her daughter reached school age her Mum got a job and immediately started paying HER income tax.

"Petty crime?" I don't think she had the time or energy, never mind the inclination.

"Antisocial behaviour?" I have yet to meet a more likeable and sociable young lady and I worry for the man that decided to leave her and her daughter.

"A drain on the public purse?" HA! This is the one that really burns me up. If Lewis Hamilton had paid just 1% of the £3,500,000 VAT due on his private jet (WHICH WAS PURCHASED IN THE UK) the "public purse" could have supported TWO single mothers or maybe built a council house or maybe funded a doctor for the Grantham A&E Department. This list goes on and on.

Please take a look about you before defending the indefensible. :thumb:

If i say politicians don't exist will they all go away.

Pretty much. I used to follow lots of MPs on twitter to follow debate and such like. But I realised there is no real debate, it's all stupid insults, platitudes or posturing. Since I stopped following them and stated following lots of breweries instead I'm immeasurably happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inheritance tax avoided by the new Duke of Westminster was worth more than the entire annual English budget for jobseekers allowance, and almost half of the total welfare budget.

I don't think the benefits claimants are our biggest issue.

The inheritance tax avoided by the new Duke of Westminster was worth more than the entire annual English budget for jobseekers allowance, and almost half of the total welfare budget.

I don't think the benefits claimants are our biggest issue.

Given that the 2016 budget for unemployment benefits was �£44 billion out of a total Social Security spend of �£254 billion (34% of all government spending), the new Duke of Westminster must have inherited a nice little pile.

Strange that you don't quote figures or sources.
Here's mine:
https://visual.ons.gov.uk/welfare-spending/

Latest posts

Back