Postal Bottle Swap 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say I like it. The shape allows you to pour a nice head and you get good aroma. I do have a bit of a glass fetish though with probably over 300 scattered around the house:) The glass is very thin so you have to be careful handling.

It came as a set of 3, one for IPA beers, one for American wheat beers and one for stouts.
The wheat beer glass is on p9 of this thread. Unfortunately the pictures with the IPA glass didn't come our but here is a link to the set:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UCVD7IY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Father's Day request submitted :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still going :)

English IPA

75F32F1E-6854-4723-B873-C55E11282A4E.jpg

It was pretty lively on opening (obviously had been shaken well in transit) and some of the sediment got mixed in which gave it a bit of a haze (this didn't bother me).
The aroma on pouring was citrus and fruit with a subtle wheat beer note coming through.
Big head, partly due to my choice of glass, which stayed around.
On the taste front I didn't get a big hop hit but rather a subtle hop note mixed with a balanced sweetness. Again a subtle wheat beer flavour came through (possibly due to some of the yeast sediment being suspended when opening). or it could be psychological as I had used a Weisse glass :D
A really nice beer that left me wanting more Leon103

And still they keep coming :drink:

Coffee Stout

This one gave me a chance to use my new, expertly crafted, stout glass. Designed to create the ultimate tool for enjoying stout beers :)

116e9572-cc14-4ca2-9d29-587760c70870.jpg

This beer had good carbonation and a lovely tight, dark head. The aroma gave an indication of a sweet stout, with the dark malts and a hint of liquorice coming through.
The taste gave a balance between between bitterness and a liquorice type sweetness, roast flavour was subtle and not overpowering. The body was surprisingly light for such a dark beer and I found this an easy beer to drink (too easy :)). The coffee added another subtle flavour that started to get more pronounced the more I drank.

Another great beer that I thoroughly enjoyed drinking. Nice one Robin54 :thumb:.
Thank you for such a kind review - described better than I could do.

Would it be possible to have a dedicated thread or such to organise this as a permanent feature. More than happy to help organise etc.

For me it would be easier to organise my own swap thread so I could keep track of feedback and who has my packaging and already received a brew

Fair point. Maybe a sub-forum for swappsies then?

We cannot add sub forums as the owner recently reduced the amount of forums and sub forums, i could Sticky a thread named something like Bottle Swaps and you could then post your own thread in the forum and put a link to it in the Bottle Swap sticky, let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions feel free to add them.

I must say I like it. The shape allows you to pour a nice head and you get good aroma. I do have a bit of a glass fetish though with probably over 300 scattered around the house:) The glass is very thin so you have to be careful handling.

It came as a set of 3, one for IPA beers, one for American wheat beers and one for stouts.
The wheat beer glass is on p9 of this thread. Unfortunately the pictures with the IPA glass didn't come our but here is a link to the set:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UCVD7IY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They are lovely glasses, if a bit thin as you say. I have this set:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BTPUQZO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

but really like the look of that stout glass.

Still going :)

English IPA

75F32F1E-6854-4723-B873-C55E11282A4E.jpg

It was pretty lively on opening (obviously had been shaken well in transit) and some of the sediment got mixed in which gave it a bit of a haze (this didn't bother me).
The aroma on pouring was citrus and fruit with a subtle wheat beer note coming through.
Big head, partly due to my choice of glass, which stayed around.
On the taste front I didn't get a big hop hit but rather a subtle hop note mixed with a balanced sweetness. Again a subtle wheat beer flavour came through (possibly due to some of the yeast sediment being suspended when opening). or it could be psychological as I had used a Weisse glass :D
A really nice beer that left me wanting more Leon103

Thanks for the review. Glad you liked it. Will look to make this one again but less wheat and more hops. I think those Slovenian hops mellow after a while.

RE: an overall forum swap thread. I'm thinking it might get a bit confusing just having one swap thread. What about everyone that wants to do a swap start their own thread like DA's thread and just call it your user name E.G. 'MyQul's bottle swap thread'. That way I/members will know whos interested in their particular swap and who members will be actually swapping with. As by the looks of notlaws packing thread there's going to be several similtaneous swaps going on at the same time

RE: an overall forum swap thread. I'm thinking it might get a bit confusing just having one swap thread. What about everyone that wants to do a swap start their own thread like DA's thread and just call it your user name E.G. 'MyQul's bottle swap thread'. That way I/members will know whos interested in their particular swap and who members will be actually swapping with. As by the looks of notlaws packing thread there's going to be several similtaneous swaps going on at the same time

That was kind of what i was getting at earlier, everyone make their own threads then we could make a sticky titled "Member's Bottle Swap Reviews" and members could post links to their threads in it so interested members here now and in the future would be able to find them easily.

Hi

Two more bottles have arrived safe and well from Dad_of_Jon and Thereddarren.

Cheers guys, can't wait to try them :drink:

Best not to operate machinery after you've had mine. :grin:

I have about 50 bottles maturing for xmas. Will try another taster bottle next weekend to see if it's progressed any from the already very drinkable category :whistle:

Brew day (Riwaka Pale) seemed a good opportunity to sample another beer :whistle:

Mayflower APA

0738729f-a69d-42ab-8bcc-6ce717249525.jpg

Great colour and good carbonation. Aroma reminded me of tropical fruit with mango coming through.
Drinking gave a similar experience with a good balance between bitterness, tropical fruit and malt sweetness.
A refreshing beer on a warm day but easy to forget it is 5% :)

Nice one TheRedDarren :thumb:

Back