Secret Santa 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a little pointless going on about it...I dont think the point made was particularly offensive just highlighting the issue. No point in beating round the bush if we are all to improve on our beer making skills. Unlikely to be sediment as that would drop back quickly, unless half the bottle had sediment in it. Oh well we will never know but best to put it to bed now.

Woops. Not according to your post (171). Although of course murky beer can also be caused by an infection.
You are right Enough, it's all fine though I am thinking bottle variation as there was a sour taste, it happens, nothing lost here, the swap is good and fair. I am grateful to receive a beer, thank you, this is not insurance! I have got myself into 2 advent calendar swaps and 6 bottle secret santas. It is all good but with labeling as it is, confusing

So take a bottle of homebrew, give it a damn good shake, then pour it into a glass. If it ain't effin murky I'll eat my hat.
I received both my secret Santa's last week, they were both well shook up but are clearing nicely now. Should be fine by the end of the week.
Brewed properly they won't be murky

I think it's a little pointless going on about it...I dont think the point made was particularly offensive just highlighting the issue. No point in beating round the bush if we are all to improve on our beer making skills. Unlikely to be sediment as that would drop back quickly, unless half the bottle had sediment in it. Oh well we will never know but best to put it to bed now.
Exactly. Too many fairies. Constructive feedback should be welcomed.

Is this why we should send early? Allow a period of settling before drinking? Especially bottle conditioned.... my Santa's are secure in the fridge to ensure this

Any bottle conditioned beer will have some sediment that needs time to settle out. Should only need a couple of days though.

If it's been bottled from keg then you can pretty much drink it straight away.

If I'm sending beers out I always make sure to state if it's been bottle conditioned so people know to wait a couple of days.

Some of my bottle conditioned beers have sediment. After going through the postal system they will need time to settle, if poured soon after arriving I'm sure they would be "murky". Are you saying that I didn't brew them properly?
I will let you know how your beer was. Been chilling for awhile

Thank you Santa looking forward to trying both, they sound very appealing

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_144523_612.jpg
    IMG_20221220_144523_612.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
Thank you Santa looking forward to trying both, they sound very appealing
What style is the one on the right, I can’t read it? Looks like Hexflithock style which I’ve never heard of.

I have been lucky enough to unpacked a few beers the other day, someone who has a canning machine by the look of it a pale lager and a dark strong ale, sounds interesting and a bottle of Leffe blonde which will be quite a contrast.

Looking forward to them, thanks guys.
20221221_083247.jpg

Last edited:
Still no deliveries for me. I've noticed that mines have been received though.

Deliveries seem to be completely unpredictable at the moment.

Sent both of mine on the same day with Royal Mail - one arrived within a couple of days and the other, as far as I know, is still out in the wild somewhere.

I've also only received one of mine so far - I suspect it may be a post-Christmas surprise.

Latest posts

Back