Secret Santa 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent both of mine on the same day with Royal Mail - one arrived within a couple of days and the other, as far as I know, is still out in the wild somewhere.
At the end of November, I sent beer to someone I did a swap with on Instagram and also to @Broken Toe for the November comp. Both packages sent 1st class at the same time. The one for the Instagram guy took 3 days, the one for the Forum comp took 10.

Mr Postie delivered a second Secret Santa to the Benfleet Brewery today. A 4.4% Pilsner along with a surprise 5.9% bonus beer too. Chuffed to bits. Thanks Santa 🍻

E761DB23-ABD6-4E57-8319-00C968CAC1DD.jpeg

It seems like real lottery this year. A friend sent me a parcel way back, I'd given up hope on it, it only arrived two days ago, and I've just checked my texts, it was posted on the 7th Dec!

I had a small parcel posted to me from the USA in June. It arrived in November.
That one pre dates the strikes as well - USPS must be part of the blame there.

I ordered something, tracked, from China on 11th November. It arrived at U.K. Customs on 15th. It left customs and arrived at the Heathrow distribution centre on the 28th. It didn’t leave Heathrow until 18th December and was delivered on the 21st.

A month and 10 days to get here - 4 days from China to Heathrow then 36 days from Heathrow to Dundee.

I posted on the 10th, still not delivered
Was that 2nd class? Before the strikes I never saw a difference between 1st and 2nd but lately I have. I now use the free upgrade to tracking. For 3.85 you can get 24h tracking. OK with the demand it takes a bit longer but at 6pm on Sunday I had my postie some parcel and family say they delivered yesterday which isn't bad.

Even without strikes it takes 3-4 weeks to get a parcel to my son in Australia. The Cutty Sark could get stuff there quicker. We have to be really organised for birthdays and Christmas.

2nd one arrived safely today, thanks Santa.
I'm taking a week off drinking, but that ends on Christmas Eve, so will enjoy this with the porter then.

Attachments

• IMG20221222093122.jpg
    IMG20221222093122.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Was that 2nd class? Before the strikes I never saw a difference between 1st and 2nd but lately I have. I now use the free upgrade to tracking. For 3.85 you can get 24h tracking. OK with the demand it takes a bit longer but at 6pm on Sunday I had my postie some parcel and family say they delivered yesterday which isn't bad.
2nd class, before Christmas I could post second class on a Monday and get it delivered before Friday.

Two arrived for me today, one very intact and one less so. Possibly a stout at 7.3%.
Firstly, thank you Santa, I’m going to enjoy guessing the style.
Secondly, one or no breakages is the norm on the swap and this year we’ve had a number of them. I’m guessing the RM employees are given less attention the usual and just trying to get stuff out.
613067C1-CA88-45EE-8B75-2CA75E6735BE.jpeg

Two arrived for me today, one very intact and one less so. Possibly a stout at 7.3%.
Firstly, thank you Santa, I’m going to enjoy guessing the style.
Secondly, one or no breakages is the norm on the swap and this year we’ve had a number of them. I’m guessing the RM employees are given less attention the usual and just trying to get stuff out.
View attachment 79615
Or due to the cost of living crisis people aren't using enough bubble wrap. We can't blame royal mail for everything.

Back