Raspberry Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will defo be my next brew I think. Don't have all the bits you mentioned as new to it all and can be costly to get all at once. I'll have to stick to normal siphon with a tap on the end that I have for now. As for bottle tree maybe one day lol.

I'm currently using Milton tabs as my sterliser as was unaware that starsan could be stored and reused. When I saw the cost I thought to keep chucking water down the sink this is expensive method. (Know otherwise now)

Hi roddy forgot to ask what do you do to sweeten the cider aswell as carb it?

I have never brewed a Tc yet but did read that once fermented it does become very dry and almost sour so needs to be back sweetened. I always assumed the priming sugar does this but have read different. I have just bottled a turbo cider and now worried it will be so dry and horrible. Hope not considering I used a strawberry syrup however the gravity sample did taste dry to hell

I've not sweetened my ciders so far and they do come out fairly dry, sometimes almost harsh to begin with. This does mellow a bit after a few weeks in the bottle. This is the bit where experimenting is fun to get the taste you like ! The syrup certainly helps with taking the edge off the dryness to but like you say, the sugar in it gets converted to alcohol too

Defo mate I bottled up this Tc last Night which had a SG of 1.078 and completely fermented out so would of been about 10%. Tasted a bit like paint thinners lol.

I used a 750ml of strawberry Ribena so lots of sugar in that but could not taste any fruit. As you said hope it mellows out during conditioning

nice one mate, not sure how carbonation will go if the strawb ribena had any preservatives in it.

If it did, then it may well kill the yeast rather than let it eat up the sugar and produce the carbonation.

Hope it works ! keep us posted

I did boil the juice first but we will see. Aslong as drinkable I'm happy. Being that strong not a session drink though. Next time need a solid 5-6%

No nothing at all as very high sugar content as it was hence the 9%.

I just googled strawberry cider and saw a video by uncle Jonah and followed him.

Seemed good

I got 5 gallons on the go the other day. 23 litres of Tesco apple juice and a bottle of lowicz raspberry syrup. I added 2kg of sugar, so it had a starting gravity of 1.082. Also added pectolase, malic acid, tannin and youngs wine yeast compound.
If it gets down to the usual sub 1 gravity, it'll have quite a kick!.....

Ha ha quite a kick? You trying to bring down elephants?

In your previous batches do you actually taste the raspberry? I have read many claiming they have almost replicated kopperberg etc but am always suspect. Guess my Tc will be the test once done lol

This is the first one I've done using syrup mate, so will have to let you know. Yeah, I reckon it'll be pushing 11 - 12%..... It's bubbling away like a good 'un! haha!

I am sure homebrew makes you ****** quicker after about 2 pints I have a head buzz almost like when dragging on a cigarette when not being a smoker which I am not.

Wonder if it is all in the mind?

Ha ha true chippy but I have had 6% and still had a head rush. My only assumption is it is more pure unlike pubs where loaded with chemicals lol

The missus reckons my first TC got her smashed on one bottle (litre bottle.) That one was around 7%, so this stuff will have her swinging from the chandeliers!......

my first attempt at a tc turned out to be 9.5%, flat, and after two pints, I couldn't remember the rest of the night

perfick hehe

Latest posts

Back