Recommend a beer. [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick a beer.

• Yallowhammer.

• Red Kite.

• Badgers - Golden champion

• Marstons EPA.

• Doombar

• Goose Island

• Sierra Nevada

• Punk IPA

• Youngs double chocolate stout

• Badgers - Golden glory.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their recommendations, could all members pick their favourite from the list.

Ah, that's a tricky one. Most of my commercial preferences aren't there.
Whereas there's a lot I've never tasted.
Most obviously missing:
Williams' Caesar Augustus
Williams' Joker IPA
Shipyard American IPA
Hatherwood (i.e. Lidl) Green Gecko

Or, if you're into decent purely-English - why not Ruddles bitter - �£1 a bottle from Tesco

OK, I've tried 4 of these & I'm going to have to vote Brewdog - but any of the 4 above woud beat it for me

@Hoppyland, I posted this poll after posting then closing the thread HERE, i can only post 10 options in the poll and they have to be available in either Booth or Tesco.

@Hoppyland, I posted this poll after posting then closing the thread HERE, i can only post 10 options in the poll and they have to be available in either Booth or Tesco.

Ah well, hadn't spotted that! :whistle:
Interesting choice of supermarkets, though.
It's purely my fault that the nearest Tesco is well over 2 hrs drive away (Inverness).
But it's a long time since I lived near a Booths - are they still confined to NW England?

Yes, Booths are still just in the North West. They're basically a regional Waitrose. Their selection of bottled beers is excellent though, the best of any of the supermarkets.

So its a -

Punk IPA as its got the most votes and the Youngs double chocolate stout to start. (not the highest votes but i like the sound of it)

Aldi generally have a good selection too, at least up here

Goose Island and Punk IPA both belters, goose island has to take it though.
Currently drinking a Broughton IPA. Any hop-heads that havent had it...have it! Its bitter!

Depends on the time of year - winter I like my dark 'warming' beers, summer I like my light 'BBQ session' beers.

You used to get the Youngs DCS in Morrisons, seems to be mail order only now... unless somebody knows where it's stocked?

TBH, I forget what it tastes like (YDCS), long time since I last tried it.

CraigTube rates it highly and has a clone recipe (untried). Hmm... might need to look this one up again for my Xmas 2016 tipple :grin:

Voted Punk as I could drink and enjoy that one any time of year :thumb:

I have found Goose Island in bargain booze, which one do you suggest i try first as i am hoping to get the Punk IPA and Youngs double chocolate stout and one of the following.

a3333333333.JPG

It has arrived, no Youngs double chocolate stout so he has brought 2 x Punk IPA 330ml (i guess he wants to try the other) and a Doombar 500ml, looking forward to drinking them later.

It has arrived, no Youngs double chocolate stout so he has brought 2 x Punk IPA 330ml (i guess he wants to try the other) and a Doombar 500ml, looking forward to drinking them later.

If your not a big beer drinker i dont think you will rate the Punk IPA tbh
The Youngs is a fine drink, I would think the Doombar will come out tops for you as its a very easy ale to drink

Latest posts

Back