Sam's brew day's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegged My Saison tonight, so that's me up to 4 kegs on the go again. Saison, golden ale, dark lager and a Indian pale lager.
I brewed another Saison as well. I will use some of the previous brews yeast cake. I also got enough wort for a starter. Next brew will be an ESB
IMG_20240306_215949374_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

Kegged My Saison tonight, so that's me up to 4 kegs on the go again. Saison, golden ale, dark lager and a Indian pale lager.
I brewed another Saison as well. I will use some of the previous brews yeast cake. I also got enough wort for a starter. Next brew will be an ESB
View attachment 96592
Going to brew a saison at the weekend hopefully. Did you go traditional or shake it up ?

Brewing a porter tonight, roughly based on @matt76 hurricane porter. All going on with 6 different malts

5kg pale malt
700g brown malt
500g chocolate rye
250g special B
250g dark crystal
250g extra dark crystal

50g Challenger@30mins
25g Challenge@10mins
Wyeast 1496
Of 1.056

I will update later

Last edited:
So I had 160g of Talus I wanted to use, so this is what I went with

4.5 kg pale malt
250g oat malt
200g carapils

15g magnum@30mins
20g Talus@10mins
40g Talus@flameout

OG 1.048
Lax yeast

I am considering trying a hop tea with 100g Talus and adding it to the keg. Normally I dry hop but I want to give a hop tea a try

Last edited:
So I had 160g of Talus I wanted to use, so this is what I went with

4.5 kg pale malt
250g oat malt
200g carapils

15g magnum@30mins
20g Talus@10mins
40g Talus@flameout

OG 1.048
Lax yeast

I am considering trying a hop tea with 100g Talus and adding it to the keg. Normally I dry hop but I want to give a hop tea a try
I might have to pour this out. I put this into My 30 litre fermenter, I haven't used it in a long time. Gave it a really good clean but I am picking up a musty smell. Don't want to waste 100g of talus on the dry hop.

I might have to pour this out. I put this into My 30 litre fermenter, I haven't used it in a long time. Gave it a really good clean but I am picking up a musty smell. Don't want to waste 100g of talus on the dry hop.

Thought I was going to have to chuck my Saison this morning, awful smell in the utility room where it's currently blipping away. Then realised it was my wet cycling shoes drying on the radiator.

Latest posts

Back