Scottish National Homebrew Competition 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the link?
Googghsle search only brings up 2023/22 &earlier!

I've got what possibly could be a silly question, i'm going to send in my first gold bitter 5.1% , looking at the BJCP guidelines it probably fits under 'Strong Bitter', on the styles accepted list on the Scottish nationals website the closest I can see is 'British Strong Ale' would that fit?

I've got what possibly could be a silly question, i'm going to send in my first gold bitter 5.1% , looking at the BJCP guidelines it probably fits under 'Strong Bitter', on the styles accepted list on the Scottish nationals website the closest I can see is 'British Strong Ale' would that fit?

Looking at the site it says 11C Strong Bitter is an accepted category. Comes up on the list if I try and edit my entry.

Is it me or is the shipping window really tight for this comp? (18th - 20th Jan). Without forking out for guaranteed next day, not sure how I would make sure it got there within the window, given unreliability of courier networks.

I think what's happened is the drop-off window has been updated, and perhaps that also changed the shipping window. I've sent an e-mail, so will let you know.

It was 15/01/2024-20/01/2024 originally. I will see if I can find a contact and ask them if it's a website error.
I’m sure it said 15th-20th last night. I cancelled one of my entries because I don’t have enough (good) beer available and checked the dates then.

Harry, the organiser, has confirmed shipping dates are correct as there will be no one at the brewery from 15th to 17th. Will be lenient on any that turn up a day or two after the 18th though (comp isn't until 26th so should be plenty time to settle).

Last minute entry here, first time entering a proper national competition - excited 😆

Am I reading the rules right you have to send 3 x 330ml bottles?

Haven't totally finished digesting all the rules yet but it looks like you don't label the bottles, but rather print out some accompanying paperwork?

Also, if you enter 2 different beers do you know if they have to go in one box (tricky) or is they can be boxed separately (easier)?

Latest posts

Back