STC-1000 temperature controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamthefly

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a working fridge set up with a heater and an STC-1000 temperature controller, but it doesn't seem to be working. I can set the temp, wait for the delay to end, hear the relay 'click' but I get 0V output from both the cooling and heating sides when the led shows that as 'on'. I've tried swapping the live and neutral, nothing.

Anyone else has any luck with this device, is it me? It was cheap enough that I might just order another as it has all the functions I want (except working), but I'd be really unhappy if I then had to order a third device of a different make.

Cheers,
iamthefly

Hello mate,
Ive had two of these from different ebay (china) sellers and both work fine...
excuse the question but have you def wired them up OK? I had to you tube it to see the wiring before i understood it.
you can also google it and look at the images result and it shows you wiring diagrams.
If things are clicking, i would suggest that the ST is working ?

Hi!
I've had two of these and they worked fine. A third seems to have a problem - it's not switching the fridge on during the cooling cycle. I've double checked the wiring and it's OK, so I assume the unit is faulty.

Hello mate,
Ive had two of these from different ebay (china) sellers and both work fine...
excuse the question but have you def wired them up OK? I had to you tube it to see the wiring before i understood it.
you can also google it and look at the images result and it shows you wiring diagrams.
If things are clicking, i would suggest that the ST is working ?

Yeah, the wiring diagram supplied is pants, but I've tried every possible combination and it all won't turn the fridge or heater on.

Hi!
I've had two of these and they worked fine. A third seems to have a problem - it's not switching the fridge on during the cooling cycle. I've double checked the wiring and it's OK, so I assume the unit is faulty.

Same problem as me

You do realise the outputs are just relay contacts which you use to switch power to your heating and cooling sockets, right?

You do realise the outputs are just relay contacts which you use to switch power to your heating and cooling sockets, right?

Aye, which is why I'm surprised that I don't get an output once the relay is on.

So, if instead of connecting power up to the contacts, have you tried putting a meter across the contacts to check if they close?

Post a picture of your wiring so we can see what you've done. I did mine like this picture (stolen from another forum, so admin will have to delete if any copyright issues) and then went and bought an Inkbird as well as my wife didnt trust my wiring. I now have 2 working temperature controllers.

STC 1000.jpg

If you hear the relay click once then the coil has definitely energised and closed the switch, and that's all it is, a simple switch. There must be something wrong with your wiring. Check yours against that very good diagram that Ale's posted.

Back