test UK Citizenship test

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of those questions only apply to england, not scotland. So I guess I'm not allowed across the border anymore with 14/24

There was only one which was England-centric, the Church one. So if we give you a credit for that one that's 15/25...

...nope. You're still getting deported! Off to Canada with you! :rofl:

calumscott said:
There was only one which was England-centric, the Church one. So if we give you a credit for that one that's 15/25...

And....
The NHS prescription charges, of which there are non for anyone in scotland.
The attending hospital in non emergency only with GP letter.
Training opportunities.
Census secrecy time.
Schools opening times.
Notes on parliament - doesnt say which parliament. Scottish one has different processes and names for stuff.

:P
Canada sounds nice tho. Can I pick vancouver or montreal? :D

Shug said:
calumscott said:

And....
The NHS prescription charges, of which there are non for anyone in scotland.
The attending hospital in non emergency only with GP letter.
Training opportunities.
Census secrecy time.
Schools opening times.
Notes on parliament - doesnt say which parliament. Scottish one has different processes and names for stuff.

:P
Canada sounds nice tho. Can I pick vancouver or montreal? :D

Forgot about the prescription charges bit. Hospital thing - same both sides isn't it? Training opps - what's different? Census secrecy is the same. School *minimum* opening times is the same. UK Parliamentary constituencies are UK parliamentary constituencies...

...so another point on a bye gives you 16 which qualifies you to choose your city. :thumb:

This worries me though... If I have to pass a "Living in Scotland test" if I ever move back home I might get punted to the Isle of Man or summat... :rofl:

calumscott said:
Forgot about the prescription charges bit. Hospital thing - same both sides isn't it? Training opps - what's different? Census secrecy is the same. School *minimum* opening times is the same. UK Parliamentary constituencies are UK parliamentary constituencies...

...so another point on a bye gives you 16 which qualifies you to choose your city. :thumb:

This worries me though... If I have to pass a "Living in Scotland test" if I ever move back home I might get punted to the Isle of Man or summat... :rofl:
Learndirect is england and wales. Its skills development in scotland.
I thought it was 150 years in scotland for census data. That might just be access to birth/death certificates or something. Sure I remember my sister mentioning it when doing family tree stuff.
Due to the whole deal on out of hours GP access mess, you can attend hospital in a non emergency basis. They might well kick you out and tell you to see your gp in some cases, but they will treat a lot of things without a gp referral.

I must be getting close to a passmark by now with these exemptions :D

dps said:
at this rate there wont be many of us Brits left not that there are many any ways

Even better.... more space for us ... Poles

No worries, we will take over this land sooner or later...;)

Shug said:
Learndirect is england and wales. Its skills development in scotland.

Every day's a school day... :)

Shug said:
I thought it was 150 years in scotland for census data. That might just be access to birth/death certificates or something. Sure I remember my sister mentioning it when doing family tree stuff.

Birth/death/marriage certs you can just go and get from the registrars office - there was a great scam on fleaBay a while back where scouse scallies were getting official copies of beetles' documents for a tenner from the registrar and flogging them to gullible people for upwards of a hundred quid...

Census is 100 years across the board. There was a while when the Scotlands people website was behind - maybe that's why?

Shug said:
Due to the whole deal on out of hours GP access mess, you can attend hospital in a non emergency basis. They might well kick you out and tell you to see your gp in some cases, but they will treat a lot of things without a gp referral.

I'm pretty sure that you can attend hospital without a GPs letter anyway... you can be referred by all sorts in different situations can't you?

Shug said:
I must be getting close to a passmark by now with these exemptions :D

You know what, the amount of effort you are putting in you must really want to stay...

You're in! :thumb: :cheers:

11/24 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Am I bothered though ;)

Been here paying my taxes all my working life from leaving school - go ahead, deport me, as long as my homebrew gear can come along for the ride :D :D

What a load of B O L L O C K S :lol: :lol: :lol:

11 / 24 as well - no luck with my guesswork on the odd ones, now where to go :hmm:

It's official, I don't deserve to be in this country :( ...I kind of got the feeling they didn't want me anyway...raising taxes and giving me sweet fa in return :nono:

There was a rant which I typed/deleted/typed/deleted...best it stays deleted :whistle:

Quango - Quasi Autonomous None Governmental Organisation - now renamed as None Departmental Public Bodies - one example is English Heritage (who I used to work for).

i didn't know a lot of the others though - I only scored 14, and only 21 the second time, even though I'd been through to find out the right answers.

i don't think they're allowed to kick you out for failing, if you're already a citizen. It's a bit like voluntarily re-taking a driving test - if you fail, they can't revoke your licence.

Some of the questions were really diffucult. I do not think that knowing in which year Women had the right to divorce their Husband or whether a school has to be open 190 or 200 days per year is relevant knowledge to be deemed a worthy citizens. Then again I am Italian, we are pretty chilled about things ;-)

BTW 14 question right in under 5 minutes.

Just failed miserably 12/24 (though in my defence I didnt really try too hard).

So Im not a UK citizen, then

Just the free housing and benefits to look forward to

Ive been wracking my braincell as to why this one would be in there. "What is the maximum speed a car or mororcycle can do on a single carriageway?" :hmm: By some blind miracle i passed my theory 4 years back and that question wasn't there.

Anyhow, 11 of 24. Deportation imminent for me. Was thinking of going to Slovenia to pick mushrooms. Mushroom beer anyone?

Omly 8 right :eek: i knew there was a good reason for me fecking off from this country think i'll have to try Australlia instead :thumb:

Latest posts

Back