THBF Secret Santa Bottle Swap 2012! Closed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought, with the PM system temporarily offline - how's this going to work?

Would it be worth someone setting up a temporary Gmail address or similar that can be used for people to send their email addresses to, rather than posting them up on the forum?

Wasn't it just disabled over the weekend?

Hang on, I'll try to PM you...

Not sure if mine worked, tried to PM Rob twice via tapatalk, not coming up as sent yet ?

Asalpaws said:
Not sure if mine worked, tried to PM Rob twice via tapatalk, not coming up as sent yet ?

It's probably sent but not yet read. I think they sit in "outbox" until the recipient reads them...

Cheers Callum, do we send any style guidance on the bottle, I wouldn't want to call someone's pilsner a fine IPA, although it might be fun to guess!

Apparently not! Just send the bottle and a note if you used anything out of the ordinary (just in case of allergies). Then PM Rob with what you sent.

Thinking about it; it will be interesting to have a guess at yeast etc ;)

yeah, i think not knowing would be half of the fun. although it may be wise to list the ABV!

2 days until deadline! Low posters have been PM'd to confirm they are still interested before addresses go out. Can you please check your inbox and reply guys :cheers:

Most of you will have now received your addresses, please post your items as soon as possible! There is a new topic now open for tasting notes and pictures. PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SENDING YOUR BOTTLE!

I've had some trouble with private messages and seem to have lost everything before the 5th November. If you sent a PM before then, I do not have your address and you havn't been added to the list! If you can PM me in the next few days, i'll sort out a few more names to swap so everybody can join in. No idea what has happened there and we have 26 participants, so I can only apologize, BUT -

if you are not these people;

MartinC
Asalpaws
RokDok

and you havn't received an address, pm me ASAP and i will send out new addresses for a "mini swap" with addresses going out on THURSDAY!

Hope this is okay. Thanks everyone for your patience. :)

*bump*

I got caught by this but thanks to RobW being thorough I got a PM.

Bumped for everyone else that hasn't but like me tends to just read "New" posts.

Hi all,

Not been on the forum for a week or so due to a broken laptop and being on a training course at work so only picked my message up last night after recieving my bottle through the post. Thanks Kevin ;)
I will be sending mine off this weekend to my designated festive buddy :lol:
I will also be doing a report on it when i have time to drink it :sulk:

Andy

Latest posts

Back