The Xmas food thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
epemyryb.jpg

I cooked this little lot for 3 adults and 2 kids... We have enough left to do it again tomorrow.

BIGJIM72 said:
Slow roaast lamb-put on at 3.30am-should be tender

After 9 hours & a quick road trip-pulled the bones out & carved with a spoon.

cooked.jpg

Pudding was loosely based on the River Cottage festive roly poly using brandied plums & raisins soaked in rum

Pud.jpg

Wasn't pretty,but it was all tasty.

Forgot to take a picture of the turkey, but this was Christmas Eve's festive curry. Naaga and Korma. Served with home made naans and pilau rice.
PC240001_zpsd7f5054d.jpg

Maysie said:
Have just got back home after My meal in the local pub which was dreadful. Even worse than I expected it to be (it was my sister-in-laws idea which we went along with). Never again.

Real Christmas food looks like the pictures above. What we had looked more like road kill. After 1.5hrs between courses the desert finally arrived with the excuse 'sorry but we only have two microwaves'. I think that summed it all up for me. :evil:

I will be doing it myself next year to make sure we get something decent to eat!!

I'd send a review of the restaurant in to the local paper, detailing each and every fault. You'll be doing a service to all local restaurant goers by warning them of where to avoid!

We had a 12lb turkey (bronze) with trimmings, I dug the spuds and picked the cabbage on Saturday, followed up by a homemade Xmas pudding. We squeezed 10 adults and 1 kid around the table, maybe next year I'll be supplying the beer as well!

Brilliant thread guys! It warms the very cockles of my cockles to see so many people in one place "getting" what Christmas Dinner is all about.

It's the doing it, the making it, the "it'll be even better than last year" of it, the sharing the fruits of your labours, the togetherness, the family, the fun, the drunk aunts, the silly games, the family traditions...

...I didn't get the chance it take photos this year, too far behind thanks to all the cakes, all I could manage was to cook.

But a big, big :hat: to all of you. Looks like a collective (and diverse) Merry Christmas indeed!

Latest posts

Back