What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you remember those heady, braggot-drinking days @pilgrimhudd ? Ive still got a couple of 33s left and they've changed into something beautiful. I think I might make some more, but not using smoked malt, this time.

I have 3 bottles left! I should try one and see what's happened with them. I laugh about them but they weren't that bad. Do you not think the smoked malt is what makes it..... I compared mine to drinking an alcoholic bavarian smoked sausage I believe. 🤣

I have 3 bottles left! I should try one and see what's happened with them. I laugh about them but they weren't that bad. Do you not think the smoked malt is what makes it..... I compared mine to drinking an alcoholic bavarian smoked sausage I believe. 🤣
The beer was certainly a challenge when it was fresh and yet I'm sure it was "authentic". I guess people were used to it back in the dark ages.
I''ll have one tonight, I think.

I think we had another braggot-drinker, too. It might have been @Cwrw666 , but I'm not sure.

Went to my favourite pub last night to watch the match and had a few pints of Ulverston Celebration Ale the sign under the TV was spot on :D

cccccure.JPG
20240217_194045.jpg
20240217_193523.jpg

Unique is a bit understated. I made mine with smoked malt. The Pilgrim made some too and I think we both agree that it tasted like a Bavarian stoker's codpiece. Or something like that.
Codpiece licking of Bavarians or non Bavarians is not a practice I have partaken in up to now and I’m 51 years shittning on this earth. I can remember looking at the other people I was out with and pretending it was a nice beer as I had made out to know what a braggot was. And now I know who the basward was that had put it in my head. Either you or the one they call pilgrim.
Did you finish your pint of it ?

Codpiece licking of Bavarians or non Bavarians is not a practice I have partaken in up to now and I’m 51 years shittning on this earth. I can remember looking at the other people I was out with and pretending it was a nice beer as I had made out to know what a braggot was. And now I know who the basward was that had put it in my head. Either you or the one they call pilgrim.
Did you finish your pint of it ?
13% is no mean beer, but probably standard for Poland.
I didn't start with a pint. It was a 33cl bottle. Yes it went down a treat. But I want to follow it with some proper pints so at 8%, I'll leave it there. Weakling that I am.

Last edited:
And a furry, thermally insulated codpiece, I trust. From a poor Bavarian stoker who's feeling the chill and wishes he hadn't crossed your path.
Of course. Vlad the exhaler has now got the old blue balls and I have a set of gently warmed and cradled testes , tights and a tutu on. I cut quite the dash in my village don’t you know.

View attachment 95895
The mighty SAISON! Last few in the shed...booooo!
I deserve it after tackling 20ft,inch thick briars on the allotment,splitting a load of wood and gently planting a tray of onion seeds.
And.....relax.

I've been splitting wood today too. Managed to find my hand chopper (I'd been trying to make kindling with a full size axe but it was too awkward). I've still got the scar from the first time I used the hand axe. I was holding the piece of wood that I was chopping at the top and went a bit left and pinned my finger to the log with the axe. Had to pull the axe out to get my finger out. (white V shaped scar). Another inch left would not have been good.

IMG_6334.jpg

I've been splitting wood today too. Managed to find my hand chopper (I'd been trying to make kindling with a full size axe but it was too awkward). I've still got the scar from the first time I used the hand axe. I was holding the piece of wood that I was chopping at the top and went a bit left and pinned my finger to the log with the axe. Had to pull the axe out to get my finger out. (white V shaped scar). Another inch left would not have been good.

View attachment 95902
After similar experience I invested in a Kindling Cracker. You can't chop your bits off with one. You can make loads of sticks quickly and split anything you can fit into it. Not cheap but your fingers are worth more. I've tried to break mine but can't.

Back