What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been splitting wood today too. Managed to find my hand chopper (I'd been trying to make kindling with a full size axe but it was too awkward). I've still got the scar from the first time I used the hand axe. I was holding the piece of wood that I was chopping at the top and went a bit left and pinned my finger to the log with the axe. Had to pull the axe out to get my finger out. (white V shaped scar). Another inch left would not have been good.

View attachment 95902
Shi'ite, man!
Can you still raise a glass with that hand?

Shi'ite, man!
Can you still raise a glass with that hand?

Yep. Minor damage, stopped short of the bone.

I did manage to draw blood when I was making kindling today. Quite a bit, dripped over the wood. Wiped it off the two fingers that had blood on them when I'd finished and couldn't find where the cut was :confused.:. It's happened to me before. Its like someone squirts blood on me because I'm doing DIY.

Hi guys!

For health reasons we're recently been cutting right back on the old booze, hence not that many posts on this thread, but tonight we fancied some of my cherry wine.

This has been sat in a demijohn in the utility room for the best part of 18 months. It's had cold temps, hot temps, up the airlock, down the airlock and all the lot, but it's still pretty nice. Couldn't see it go to waste as it's got 4kg of cherries in the whole batch. It made 2 demijohns but we've already drunk one demijohn. We gave about half away as there was too much to be drunk fresh.

It's a little on the strong side (I reckon it's around 18%) so sharing is definitely required for this one!

20240218_191334.jpg

Hi guys!

For health reasons we're recently been cutting right back on the old booze, hence not that many posts on this thread, but tonight we fancied some of my cherry wine.

This has been sat in a demijohn in the utility room for the best part of 18 months. It's had cold temps, hot temps, up the airlock, down the airlock and all the lot, but it's still pretty nice. Couldn't see it go to waste as it's got 4kg of cherries in the whole batch. It made 2 demijohns but we've already drunk one demijohn. We gave about half away as there was too much to be drunk fresh.

It's a little on the strong side (I reckon it's around 18%) so sharing is definitely required for this one!

View attachment 95904

Yes, we're on zeros during the week.

Hi guys!

View attachment 95904
Nice! A few cans from Brew York and you'll be sorted.

I love Duvel. I think the standard Duvel is the true nectar of the godless, and the Tripple Hop - Citra is outstanding. I was very disappointed with the 666. What are your thoughts on it, @Donegal john ?
You didn’t ask but I’m going to tell you anyway, I’m generous like that 😂

I like Duvel a lot but the Citra version doesn’t taste great in my view. They should drop it.

Latest posts

Back