What did you drink ....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sometimes drink in the clockhouse, the youngs pub on peckham rye. tbh I'm usually a little underwhelmed by there beers. Might culture up some of there yeast from a bottle of special or bitter out of curiosity though
Now that sounds a top idea

cheapest lager available, or anything for that matter:lol:

Sounds like me. I think it could well have been a pint of.
HOLMEISTER_FOLLOW_THE_BEAR.jpg

Thankfully my tastes did change.

My very first pint was a Youngs Special at the Greyhound in Carshalton, when I was about 16 and I came out with my head spinning and thinking..."how do people drink this ****?"
To be fare, Im still not keen on Youngs beers!:lol:
Youngs aint a bad pint, however i don't think it's quite the same now. Ramrod and bitter or ramrod and light was often the fare sampled a FEW years back:mrgreen::mrgreen:.
Used to live not a million miles from Wandsworth high street, Mmmmmm those smells:thumb:
My first beer was actually a milk stout:sick:

Even from being a kid I would never enjoy mainstream lagers...which is what my mate's would drink...so I used to drink pints of Strongbow, until I realised it was giving me a really bad stomach.

Castlemaine XXXX which I now hate. It was a small sandstone pub in Liverpool that still had stables being used around the back. Craig Charles used to try out his poetry there. Better on Red Dwarf than a poet. Little bit under the limit but were sensible about it.
Moved onto bitter within the year and stayed with it.

I don't know about the exact time. I think it was almost 2 years ago. My frist glass of the beer in a bar was Hornsey Rise

Kestrel lager from a can bloody awful. Many years ago now. Even now I can't drink from a can

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I can't remember the brewery, but I do remember the 'event'. Went with a mate to pick up another mate from a swimming gala. He was a strapping, well muscled six footer. We were only 14! All went well until I ordered half a pint of brown mixed!! Luckily the barman pointed out my error and not the door. Well, it was Liverpool in the sixties.

Latest posts

Back