When is fermentation temperature less important?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marksa222

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, i'm going from biab to a 3 tier ss system. I'm picking up a hlt and mt tomorrow :)

I've got a few mates coming round a week on saturday for a brew day, but ideally I'd like to get a brew on this weekend to try out the new gear. Something simple, maybe mo, crystal, torrified wheat with fuggles and ekg.

Trouble is, ive only got the equipment to ferment 1 batch at a time whilst controlling the temperature. If I made a beer this weekend and it was in primary controlled to 18c or so for a week, but then I took it out and left in the kitchen (probably around 15c) for a couple more weeks, would that have a negative effect on the beer?

Thanks GA. I'm hopefully picking up a freezer from a fellow forum member, so hopefully I can time it well enough. I usually leave the water i'm using overnight with a campden tablet in. Is it necessary to leave this long or would a couple of hours do the trick? I probably won't know if I'm doing it until Saturday morning, and it'd be a shame to throw away so much water.

Latest posts

Back