where's all the AG brewers gone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanvine said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:
Nice to hear that some brewers want to progress to AG.
I totally agree BB, AG is what brewing beer is all about! :thumb:
That's right Jim, a refreshing change to see that people are still wanting to progress to the art of craft brewing :clap:

BB :D

I hope to get there sometime in the future, but til then will brew a few more kits to get the basic skill learnt, maybe an extract brew before I hope to join ye in the promised land.

Once I've commissioned my new shiney brewery the I will sell off my first AG brewery. Should give someone the opportunity to progress to AG cheaply. 5 gallon plastic bucket with thermostatically controlled element with plastic "false bottom" and a large SS burco with hop strainer and a copper wort cooler. Works great when you put a weight on the false bottom to stop the grain getting underneath. :thumb:

Well a friend of mine brewed his first kit beer last September, his first extract beer (with my guidance) in November, and his first all grain beer in March. He has since done about 3 AG brews.

I have brewed kits on and off for years, started doing extract beers last September, did an AG with my friend's equipment this month.
Now have the equipment for BIAB AG brewing (don't have the space for a full set up).

Have probably done my last kit, although I'll probably do a few more extracts for the speed and convenience.

Well im new to homebrewing.
I made my first beer last week. I used AG, so I presume I was born on the dark side. :lol:

I always thought the dark side would kit making not using grains...?
Surely kits are the root too laziness!!!

Made my first kit a fortnight ago (Wherry), then brewed my first AG a week ago today. My second proper brew was on Tuesday.

I may have caught the bug...

The Fat Controller said:
Made my first kit a fortnight ago (Wherry), then brewed my first AG a week ago today. My second proper brew was on Tuesday.

wow thats getting straight in there , well done that man :thumb:

I've recently joined the AG crew on 1st June and about to do my 3rd AG tomorrow, an American Wit. I was thinking about going all grain for quite a while but thought I didnt have the room for it and the patience for it either but just decided to give it a go and never looked back.

abeyptfc said:
I've recently joined the AG crew on 1st June and about to do my 3rd AG tomorrow, an American Wit. I was thinking about going all grain for quite a while but thought I didnt have the room for it and the patience for it either but just decided to give it a go and never looked back.
Nice one. :thumb:

BB

I brewed an all grain lager based on Dave Line's Budweiser recipe. Nothing like that tasteless **** that radio adverts tell us is brewed by "master brewers" definitely trying that again and I don't feel that it's treacherous to AG brewing to make that sort of thing.

The Fat Controller said:

There is no cure you know :lol:

Noticed the thread started in April, ..................but I'm back, been on other missions ;)
Not brewed since January, but "cornied, bottled and polypined" :? 18 gallons of brew 88 yesterday. :thumb: :party:
Have another full brew planned mid week.
Am now using Beersmith and am very impressed, so much so that I will be purchasing a key, which is a new one for me, paying for software, being a Linux (Ubuntu follower)
S

Springer said:
Noticed the thread started in April, ..................but I'm back, been on other missions ;)
S

Same here, don't know how I missed it. The AG side does seem thin on the ground, never mind it may pick up again.

Dieseljockey said:
Springer said:
S

Same here, don't know how I missed it. The AG side does seem thin on the ground, never mind it may pick up again.
It looks like there's more kit brewers but i'd bet good money it was the other way round cuz the more you brew the less your likely to post about it or questions regarding etc , plus i've noticed a lot of brewers changing to extract and even all grain over the last few months (which is the natural direction after all ) so all most every kit brewer will be going down that path at some point ;) :D

Latest posts

Back