where's all the AG brewers gone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawks said:
I do have issues with people just trying to produce cheap cr*p with as high an ABV as possible so never answer those posts. If you want high ABV drinks put some bloody effort in and make something good, spend the time conditioning it and then respect it by not attempting to drink 10 pints of your 2 years old RIS.

*nod*

Hawks said:
Oh - and can we please maintain the humour that has always been in this forum and made it so good...

*nod*

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Maybe this is my last post :hmm: .....
Withdrawal symptoms :oops: , maybe I was a little hasty.... :whistle:
Plus my mates all excited about the "Hot Break" booze up. :thumb:

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:
Maybe this is my last post :hmm: .....
Withdrawal symptoms :oops: , maybe I was a little hasty.... :whistle:
Plus my mates all excited about the "Hot Break" booze up. :thumb:

BB

Glad to see you back mate :thumb:

to address the original post (and yes I haven't read all 10 pages of the thread, so shoot me) perhaps because AG is more time consuming? I am certainly struggling to find the time to get on the forum, let alone brew, at the moment.

When I did find the time to brew and went to the bother of taking photos and doing a brief write up I got all of 34 views and zero responses here. Maybe I just brew the wrong beers, take bad photos or do boring write ups but if that is a general pattern then it is hardly surprising that people are posting less... don't get me wrong I'm not ****** of or crying into my pint here, but it doesn't exactly encourage me to make the effort again.

Maybe a forum brew would liven things up?

Aleman said:
Good to see you back as well John have a :drink: on me ;)
Thanks' Tony, :thumb: and other brewing buddies :thumb: .... Must have been my time of the month.. :shock:
Trouble is after 4 years on a brewing forum it's easy to forget how difficult it is to get the craft of any type of brewing right and way to easy to dismiss questions that people ask as not worthy of a reply when to turn the clock back the experienced ones would have maybe asked the same question!! :hmm:

BB :drink:

31bb3 said:
Nice to see you havnt pulled the plug on us hot break won't be the same without little pud :thumb:
Yeah, looking forward to it, be nice to meet you all again!! :D
Bringing mate down, doesn't brew but loves a pint of real ale!!

BB

Good to see you back John, don't forget it's your round at the hot break and Rob the Maltmiller is altering his prices as we speak. :party:

dennisking said:
Good to see you back John, don't forget it's your round at the hot break and Rob the Maltmiller is altering his prices as we speak. :party:
Thx Dennis.... :thumb: Mmm, might try the discount card for poor northerners again!! ;) ;)

BB

BrotherMalice said:
By my recconing about 5-6 people have turned to the darkside while this thread has been active & about the same have been making enquiries about the kit needed myself included :)
That's great, :thumb: it doesn't need to be expensive and the help on here is fantastic!!!
Nice to hear that some brewers want to progress to AG. :clap: :clap:

BB :drink:

Back