GOLDEN GLORY PEACHY TASTE

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocker

Landlord.
Reaction score
Badgers Golden Glory, bottled, has a pronounced "peach" taste .Or so some say ,me included . I looked into flowers as a late flavour ,"dry hopping" addition but cannot source anything that I can imagine would give that efect....so I have concluded that its down to the hops .Maybe wrongly ,but either way ,Id like to knoe .

Does anyone know which hop would give this pronounced peach taste ? I am not looking to make a clone beer ,more I would like to hi jack that taste concept for use elsewhere.....particularly in my campaign to convert my current landlord to a real beer drinker .I quite like it myself ,too .But since I drink to forget I dont remember that ...... :wha: :wha: :wha:

Thankee kindly ,sir ! I freely admit that I am at least a decade behind on the hops front . I have read many that mention fruit,flower,spice and more in their descriptions .I think I am stuck in the mentality that says Saaz is daring and Styrian Goldings (gasp!) ,well....sent strictly under plain wrapper :oops:

I have kept the remains of my old stock in sealed dark glass jars ,many in poly bags inside the jars .I am hoping that some will be usable ,maybe by using increased amounts .But none of my old standards would give that pronounced fruit taste that seems to be available now.

I quite often buy golden glory in the warmer months and have tried to recreate it several times with elderflowers with limited success. I spotted the other week that Lidl have peach tea granules, might be worth a try.

I have just come across this

Ingredients
25L, 90min mash, 90min boil, 77% efficiency
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.95 kg Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (5.0 EBC) Grain 97.06 % (substitute 3.8kg pale malt extract)
0.15 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (78.8 EBC) Grain 2.94 %
75.00 gm Fuggles [4.50 %] (90 min) Hops 32.5 IBU
20.00 gm Challenger [6.40 %] (10 min) Hops 4.2 IBU
15.00 gm Challenger [6.40 %] (0 min) Hops -
15.00 gm Elderflower (Dried) (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile
Measured Original Gravity: 1.047 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.011 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 4.69 %
Bitterness: 36.6 IBU
Est Color: 10.3 EBC

AS it happens ,I have just come back in from the odd one of the Glorys ,interspersed with Honeydew .

Found a Fullers pub in the west end while up in london last week and tried the Discovery Blonde.....it was like Bass watered down....but a nice session ale ,stay in the pub all day and still walk (just!) home beer

shocker said:
aaaahh....nice one GA ,thats a contender .Whereabouts did you come across that and under what heading ,may I ask ?

I just googled " golden glory clone recipe". I can't remeber which website it was I think perhaps an american forum.

That's the recipe I followed off JIMS, okay results, but I used 30g fresh elderflowers and later 50g of frozen flowers wasn't very good.

Latest posts

Back