Bottle Capper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

Landlord.
Reaction score
So, the wife has asked me what I would like for my birthday, general answer of " i don't know" went down like the Hindenburg!

so as we are having a birthday BBQ and there will be loads of beer( bought stuff) hence alot of empty bottles, mostly brown and green, here is me think a capper might be a good idea and use the bottle rather dropping at the recycling place.

So whats the best capper, it needs to be portable as I can be bottling in more than one place, but all would have a flat surface. don't mind spending money on something that is good and will last, buy it once mentality.

Ideas?

+1. Absolutely brilliant.

Much better than risking life and limb with one of those hand held jobbies.

+1. Absolutely brilliant.

Much better than risking life and limb with one of those hand held jobbies.

I have one of those hand held ones and there blumin leathel! ( it was a quid from the charity shop ).

Its my birthday soon aswell so might ask the wife for the one linked :thumb:

So, the wife has asked me what I would like for my birthday, general answer of " i don't know" went down like the Hindenburg!

so as we are having a birthday BBQ and there will be loads of beer( bought stuff) hence alot of empty bottles, mostly brown and green, here is me think a capper might be a good idea and use the bottle rather dropping at the recycling place.

So whats the best capper, it needs to be portable as I can be bottling in more than one place, but all would have a flat surface. don't mind spending money on something that is good and will last, buy it once mentality.

Ideas?

If my bottle capper arrives later today I will be able to tell you how it works :)

Another +1 for the bench capper.

I had a hand held lever version. It managed to get through about 40 bottles (with difficulty), until finally failing completely.

�£22 here: http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk...ed-suits-26mm-and-29mm-crown-caps-p-2187.html

And there's a 5% discount code on this very forum.

Bought one last month, have yet to use it in anger but seems very good. Quite like the fact it caps 29mm bottles too as I'm partial to the odd 750ml bottle of Leffe so I can reuse these for home brewing too :thumb:

Ordered this one, should have it this week but will have to wait until Thursday to un-wrap it got a couple of hundred coloured caps also

Ordered this one, should have it this week but will have to wait until Thursday to un-wrap it got a couple of hundred coloured caps also

Out of interest, how did the capper perform?
I'm also looking at ordering that exact model.

Many thanks,

Marcus

I bought the HBC one recently and it's revolutionised the bottling experience, so much easier, no more faffing with slightly odd bottle necks it caps them all. Done 3 batches now, wish I'd bought one years ago.

Out of interest, how did the capper perform?
I'm also looking at ordering that exact model.

Many thanks,

Marcus

Works well, added bonus is the 29mm die, so can use bigger bottles. To be honest have no complaints

Latest posts

Back