Bag in a box for white wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornwall

Reaction score
Hi everyone has anyone ever used the bag in a box for wine I usually use bottles but it is a bit time consuming.
Are the BIB any good if so how long could I store wine for and does anyone now where the best place is to get them.

Regards

Cornwall

Hi everyone has anyone ever used the bag in a box for wine I usually use bottles but it is a bit time consuming.
Are the BIB any good if so how long could I store wine for and does anyone now where the best place is to get them.

Regards

Cornwall

I'm planning the same though primarily for easy drinking wine for the summer, anything of quality I think I'd still bottle. Looking at these: http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Wine_Dispensers_Wine_Bags.html

Most HB shops sell something similar. The contents should be good for several months provided you exclude any air left when you put it in there.

Yes i use them and have stored wine in them for over a year with no obvious issues. I tend to use 5L and 10L anything more gets heavy. I also store them in trays - just in case of leaks, not had one yet though.

Cost depends on size but if you are willing to buy 10 minimum then this supplier is good even with the p&p cost.
http://www.baginboxonline.co.uk/buyit.html

Also take a look at ebay i have seen some on there occasionally at a good price.

Thanks guys for your input could these boxes be reused a couple of times or is it best to buy new every time Which ones are best on the site bag in a box online plain boxes or the pattern boxes anyway sorry for the questions but I usually I use bottles but it's very time consuming.

Kind regards

Cornwall

Thanks guys for your input could these boxes be reused a couple of times or is it best to buy new every time Which ones are best on the site bag in a box online plain boxes or the pattern boxes anyway sorry for the questions but I usually I use bottles but it's very time consuming.

Kind regards

Cornwall

You can reuse the box until it falls apart then tape it up and use it some more. They are all similar so i just buy the cheapest. I reuse the bags two or three times sterilising between uses then replace them.

From what I understand you can reuse them provided you clean them well and the key is to not push the tap all the way in after filling otherwise it's very difficult to get it out again for a refill.

From what I understand you can reuse them provided you clean them well and the key is to not push the tap all the way in after filling otherwise it's very difficult to get it out again for a refill.

Yes push the tap in two clicks rather than three and its much easier to remove.

Latest posts

Back