Blichmann Therminator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo

Reaction score
Anyone on here use a Blichmann therminator?
What size thread are the water connections please?
The wort are 1/2" NPT and I've used 1/2 BSP which fit ok but the water side are supposed to be garden hose size connections, the ones on my therminator definitely are not, I've tried metal garden hose connectors which I can't even get started and 2x lots of plastic garden hose connectors, I can get the plastic type started, at a push (and eventually) but only go on maybe 1/4 of a turn before they get stuck. The therminator water side threads are much coarser and the pitch much wider than garden hose connectors?
Thank you

They are probably US garden hose fitting, which is very different from the BSP / NPT sizes used for just about anything else. It is possible to buy adapters to convert from US garden hose to BSP - I had some on a chiller a while back but cannot remember where I bought them, but it was definitely in the UK.

Anyone on here use a Blichmann therminator?
What size thread are the water connections please?
The wort are 1/2" NPT and I've used 1/2 BSP which fit ok but the water side are supposed to be garden hose size connections, the ones on my therminator definitely are not, I've tried metal garden hose connectors which I can't even get started and 2x lots of plastic garden hose connectors, I can get the plastic type started, at a push (and eventually) but only go on maybe 1/4 of a turn before they get stuck. The therminator water side threads are much coarser and the pitch much wider than garden hose connectors?
Thank you
If you use plastic hozelock fittings and PTFE tape you can get them on far enough to create a good seal.

If you use plastic hozelock fittings and PTFE tape you can get them on far enough to create a good seal.
The wort side is fine, I can't get 3/4" GHT fittings started on the water side so putting PTFE tape on will make it worse. I think I've found the problem though, I think this one is an American version and their GHT fittings are different. I'll maybe have to think outside the box a bit.

They are US GHT.
They used to sell a back flush accessory to link the water side up to the wort side to back flush after use - I bought two to give a full set of required connections and butchered.
You can get US GHT connectors on line.

Latest posts

Back