16000 bottles of Brewdog beer stolen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-25594482
when i first heard about it on twitter i thought it's probably 100 bottles or something stolen and whoever stole it will be drinking it all, with 16,000 bottles then thats a different story! it'll already be abroad with new labels and **** on them, by the sounds of it it was a professional job, a lorry pulling up and 10 guys helping to steal the beers.
shocking for the company ales by mail, that must have cost them a fortune. :(

If anything, the only good that had come of this is a huge compliment to the beer brewdog produce... the thieves leaving all other bottles untouched.

If you read some of the marketing bullshot and hype that they put out, I wouldn't be surprised if it was set up to make them seem more......"edgy"

Good beer etc, but the BS gets a bit tiresome :roll:

Robbers with good taste now thats a turn up for the books.

I wonder if they are involved with the Brewdog knock off pub in Baijing that was mentioned on here just before Xmas,

Rob will probably remember the thread.

HERE's the link to the original exchange.

16,000 bottles of genuine Brewdog produce are probably in an ISO container and on a ship, bound for Beijing right now.

Good point, they're probably on their way to the dodgy Brewdog (although it's a lot of effort and cost to steal 16k bottles of beer from the other side of the world!)

Monday was the 30th, it was for a new years eve party. The beer seems to have been selected. :wha:

Tim84 said:
Good point, they're probably on their way to the dodgy Brewdog (although it's a lot of effort and cost to steal 16k bottles of beer from the other side of the world!)

One side-effect of Globalisation. Numerous items of farm machinery, inc actual Tractors have been stolen across Ireland, only to turn up in Eastern Europe.

As for the beer, I read somewhere that some of it is a brand new brew, so will be easy enough tto identify.

Latest posts

Back