1st AG brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldspeckledgit

Reaction score
Well I finally did it. Shiny setup finished last weekend - today was the big day.
One or two problems along the way, but I feel I've learnt a lot today. I think next time should be better.
I did a Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter from GW's book.
Here are some pics ( if I've loaded them properly ).
Sorry there aren't more, but I was so busy trying to get it right, I forgot!
001-4.jpg
/img]
003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

lovely set up... :thumb: where did you get metal framing for bench

The rotating sparge arm worked a dream.
Unfortunately, I was concentrating so much I forgot to take any pics until it finished - sorry!
Next time...

:clap: Well done great pictures, great set up. Good to see another local lad brewing as well. :thumb:

Nice one OSG, very smart and shiney....I'm gonna have to get the barkeepers friend out before my brewday tomorrow now :oops:
I like the apron on the MT , I'm guessing it gives a bit more space for pipework , did it need any additional support ?
Good work Dan :thumb:

Thanks for all the nice comments.
To answer some questions -
Yes, Caerleon it's in the garage ( used to be my office/workshop, so well insulated and a dedicated electric circuit ).
Had to plumb in the water supply though.
As for the MT Dan, yes it is supported. I took lots of pics of the build. I might post up a "how to " if anyone is interested. I'll sort through the pics.
Baldbrewer - Pots are 70/50/70 from our favourite germans. Used a solar pump to pump from MT to boiler.

Back