Maximising Brew Length

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBankBrewery

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking for any suggestions to see how much wort I can possibly create from my specific setup. I’ve acquired a 55l fermzilla and I’d like to fill as far as I feasibly can in a single brew day.

I currently have a 40l Buffalo boiler and use it for full volume BIAB brewing. Ive recently cut my mash to 30mins and the boil to 30 mins and I’m happy with the time saving but not particularly tied to these methods, if needed I can adjust to increase my final volume.

I frequently end up with around 23l into the fermenter and right now I ‘no-chill’ straight into a HDPE fermenter, allowing to cool overnight and pitch with Kviek in 12-18hours time. I realise I can’t no chill straight into the fermzilla. I have a loose plan to fill 2 HDPE buckets and decant once cooled maybe?

I know that I can ‘liquor back’ to hit a target volume but I’m not sure how far I can push it in terms of ratio wort to water without having a really thin beer.

For context, I typically brew 4 to 5% ish hoppy IPAs as they are to my taste and like to keep them sessionable.

Does anyone have experience maximising B volume on a similar setup with similar methods. Or a recipie/adjustment calculations?

Cheers

Pic of my new toys (and brewery ‘assistant’)🙈
IMG_4172.jpeg

I like the liquor back idea. And my only thought is you need an as alcohol dilution calculator from brewers friend.

For recipes, scale them up linear to ferment volume.

Be careful not to brim it though and I would probably fit a blow off tube.

Latest posts

Back