1st hi alcohol wash ferment is stinking out the house

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its basically industrial biofuel grade yeast fermenting to 20% abv or more within a week, it aint pretty hence the carbon filtering and heavy fining to drag out the massive byproducts of the fermentation

bobsbeer said:
Fil be careful where you are going with this thread. Any mention of the D word and it will be deleted.
Slow down Bob, that's just what it's called, the TD wash yeast (which includes a liquid carbon treatment and a 2-part finings) is one of the better Alcotec yeasts, but it might be of limited use as it only works to around 15% abv and I don't know if it can be pushed.

And yes, it stinks.

And there should be an 'h' in "whetted the appetite" ;)

the intention was/is? to brew a hi alcohol base for flavouring to make a premixed GnT clone in a corny, i thought the yeast pack with all the clearing cleaning agents would be the best first step into this side of things

dont be too hard on Bob the D word was used in an IM regarding fuel use and he is just pullin me leg... :lol:

This yeast tends to stink the house out if the temperature is a little higher than required. After a couple of days it usually disappears. I have the same problem so this weekend I got a bargain of two (one brand new) Electrim 75 homebrew thermostatic heaters for £25.00. These are the large ones that are 39cm from top to bottom and ideal for fermentation buckets.

Good to know it stinks the place out I was just about to buy some and the brew room's not the best ventilated >.<

Latest posts

Back