20L burco boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanshelton

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not quite on the scale of some of your boilers but couldnt resist this. Will help with my BIAB instead of using the hob
reva7y2e.jpg

nuqa2uda.jpg

Couldnt resist at £10!!

that's a bargain mate! good work! I found with a smaller boiler that if you overshoot your OG and top up throughout the boil, it'll begin to work itself out once you get a feel for it. Maybe that way you could end up with 19L or so batches that you are more than happy with!

Our LHBS do a standard size bag of pale malt, 3.15kg. I'm currently working through several brews recording the OG and FG to get an idea of how much grain results in what ABV without bothering with boil off etc...worth a go!

To be honest I wont be using it to mash in, ive got another pan for that which I use on thr electric hob. The burco will be used for the boil, therefore keeping the mrs happy as I can do this outside so she doesnt have to smell it :cool:

ryanshelton said:
To be honest I wont be using it to mash in, ive got another pan for that which I use on thr electric hob. The burco will be used for the boil, therefore keeping the mrs happy as I can do this outside so she doesnt have to smell it :cool:

Yep, keep the boil outside and you get an easy life. I did a brew today and swmbo seemed actually interested and happy about it... Has to be down to no mess inside :thumb:

For a tenner!!, it wont be long before you get a return on that...about 1 1/2 hours i would of thought :D :cheers:

Let me know how you get on stuey, I have the one of these baby burco boilers. Mine has already been tampered with for me and holds a lovely rolling boil.

Great bargain - well done!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

In your second photo I noticed that the element is identical to the one I have in an old boiler so I Googled it. The element alone can be got for between £12 and nearly £50 without VAT depending where you buy it.

Latest posts

Back