2nd ag on the go

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymondo

Reaction score
the wifes out for the day so i decided to get my second ag brew on the go ;) having a go at a wheat beer just incase we get any summer weather this year :pray:
DSC_0084.jpg

3500g pale malt
3500g wheat malt
500g carapills
DSC_0085.jpg

strike temp 75c
DSC_0086.jpg

now mashing at 65c
good day so far!!

Looking good so far :D
What OG and FG are you aiming for?
What hops are you going to use too for bitter and flavor?

citra hops 20g for 75mins + 20g for 15 mins
munich wheat beer yeast
aiming for 36l og 1047 fg 1011
just boiling now got the mash tun to clean and fermenter and plate chiller to sterilise then i'll put up a few more pics.

i'm still working out my losses but i want to work it so i end up being able to hit 38l each time so i can fill 2 cornies, i figured if i go for 36l it gives me a bit to play with if i need to liquor back at all :thumb:
few more pics for you
DSC_0088.jpg

start of the sparge
DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

collecting the wort
DSC_0091.jpg

first hops
DSC_0092.jpg

cool wort being collected from the boiler
DSC_0093.jpg

finished just short 35l at 1046, yeast pitched, last few things to clean up then its time to sit down and relax with a pint from my last brew day :drink:

I brewed my 2nd AG yesterday aswell, did today go alot better than your first try?
yeah much easier knowing what was involved, no real mistakes today, on the first brew i went for a dark ale expecting to end up with a beer around 5.1%abv but after taking a reading of 1006 from the mash tun i stoped sparging early as i didn't want to end up extracting any taninns. it wasn't untill after i racked to the fermenter i realised i hadn't temp corrected :oops: so i've ended up with less beer but very strong at 6.2%abv :lol:
still it tastes pretty good but not really a session beer :rofl:
I like the kit you have! Did you build it all yourself?
yeah built it myself after reading through the forum. was going for plastic at first but knew i would then want to upgrade so just went for it!!
trouble is i can think of loads of improvments i want to make. just need to make them without the wife noticing :whistle:

i was doing some roofing work on a pub and the landlord asked if he could throw the racking on top of our skip as he no longer needed it, so i said no, but you can chuck it in the back of my van :thumb:

Latest posts

Back