2nd brew (coopers canadian blonde)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tropicalpalmtree

Reaction score
My first brew was a great success using a cerveza kit and hopped with calypso, made some good beer. This was a few months ago now, and id just like to share my recipe and start to finish, and would like anyone to set me right on my methods as ive kinda forgot the entire process, and relying on memory.

-Add 2l hot water to vessel
-Add brew enhancer and spray malt (going for a stronger brew this time)
-add extract
-add steeped hop liquid to vessel
-fill to 23l at 21 degrees

-Take OG
-Add yeast.

-Wait 7-10 till stable FG reading over 2 days.
-Add dry hop
-leave a further week
-Add finings & cold crash in fridge for 4 days to clear further.

Bottle.

Leave for atleast 2 weeks before drinking, but leave to condition in bottle for months.

Am i all set to go? Thanks

Your basic method is fine.
The initial charge of off-the-boil water is only needed to dissolve the malt/sugars and I usually find 1 -1.5 litres is enough. If you use more sometimes you can exceed your pitching temperature after the cold water top-up, especially in summer when mains water temperatures are 15-20*C. In colder weather you can always top up with hot water towards the end if the bulk temperature is too low.
Time and gravity will eventually clear the beer so I never bother with finings.
If you are brewing light beers like the Canadian Blonde it's better to ferment lower if you can to get a 'cleaner' taste , say about 19*C or a bit lower.
Otherwise you might still find this useful
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...de-to-brewing-your-own-beer-from-a-kit.57526/

Latest posts

Back