3 gallons set off tonite......1 Rose and 2 white......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnerslover

Reaction score
All to wow style........but added some fruit(previously frozen but defrosted)........

Rose
1 Litre red Grape juice
1 litre oceanspray cranberry/raspberry juice
1 bag frozen(defrosted) summer fruits(from farmfoods £1 a bag)

Apple wow
1 litre white grape juice
1 orange juice
1 bag frozen apples(defrosted from farm foods £1 a bag)

Pineapple Wow
1 litre white grape juice
1 orange juice
1 tin pineapples(rinsed)

all had 2 tsp pectolase
1/2 tsp tannin
1 tsp citric acid
1 teapspoon yeast added.

Added no nutrient as run out.......but after googling hoping it will be ok!!!

Made following wow recipe :thumb:

me a iccle excited.....roll on bottling day!!!! :party:

I not too sure if you should have boiled the cranberry juice first :hmm:

No doubt someone will advise :pray:

But good luck with the wine :cheers:

Good luck with the brewing mate, I have used Cranberry Juice in my Ribena + Cranberry Juice Brew and my Strawberry Ribena + Cranberry Juice Brew, they are still fermenting away like crazy and so far I cant see any problems allthough I havent tasted them yet so fingers crossed they will be ok! :pray:

Dont suppose you have done your Rose brew before ? If so does it come out a nice pink shade or is it closer to a red ?

Cheers

Marrsy

Made a few rose's.....but they all come out similarly coloured, a light rose colour....got 20 litres of magnum rose to bottle ready for my bday at the weekend.........eh i love this hobby!!!! LOL

Made this to wurzels wow recipe but used these juices.......on clearing but by eck tastes good.

C&P this off another chat group i'm on........this was bl**dy lovely got about 26/27 bottles all told from this. Made it in a fermenting vessel!!!!
I loved ernest galloway zinfandel before getting into wine making, not had any since May...lol!!!!

I made this in june, may take longer to ferment out as it gets cooler!!!!!

4ltrs white grape juice
2ltrs Red grape juice
3ltrs Orange(tesco value)
1ltr Cranberry
1 bottle ribena.....boiled for 5mins.
7and half pounds of sugar.

starting 1076
stopped at 1000

Topped up to 6 gallons.....only took a week to ferment out in this warm weather........

A nice refreshing "roseish" wine!!!!!

To be truthful too i've just made a magnum kit of Rose, med to dry(£16) added 2 punnets of strawberries, tin of peaches to it to add some extra flavour.

Started it week gone sat 27th aug....racked it last nite, finings in....will bottle it wednesday.....but that is a nice kit and not to expensive!!!!

But i just use red grape juice to give it a rose colour and mess about with ther fruits, hence the summer fruits added to this gallon!!! LOL

Back