5000th member

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisking

Regular.
Reaction score
Time of writing I see we are 76 people away from member no. 5000 so what about the usual guessing game for what date that will happen. I will start the ball rolling July 29th. Hope this one gets a round in. Also have to say its a great achievement by the admin team. :clap:

July 24 - HLA91
July 25
July 26 - paul keg 9 homebrew
July 27
July 28
July 29 - dennisking
July 30 - keith1664
July 31
Aug 1 - Hawks
Aug 2 - Runwell-Steve
Aug 3 - muddydisco
Aug 4 - Sealed bids please ;)
Aug 5
Aug 6
Aug 7
Aug 8 - min810
Aug 9 - 31bb3
Aug 15 - robsan77
Aug 16 - aneray
Aug 18 (49 Julaugust) - abeyptfc
Aug 29 - orange

I'll have wednesday the 3rd of August, Or in dennis's calender 34th of July

dennisking said:
Time of writing I see we are 76 people away from member no. 5000
How strange :wha:
I'm sure when I was comparing weekly stats. with the Harris forum only a couple of days ago we were just 55 away.

snail59 said:
Ive just had a look and it's 78 away there are (according to the member list) 4922 members :wha:

Definitely said 4924 now down to 4922 :wha: maybe Moleys deleteing people

dennisking said:
snail59 said:
Ive just had a look and it's 78 away there are (according to the member list) 4922 members :wha:

Definitely said 4924 now down to 4922 :wha: maybe Moleys deleteing people
:whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome Ninja Skills We Have them

NinjaSkills.jpg

dennisking said:
maybe Moley's deleting people
Moi? :whistle:

Now be very very quiet and listen very carefully, can you hear all the spammers down in the cells rattling their tin mugs against the bars?

No?

Neither can I :cool:

Did you not hear me say that we don't need the nunchaku now we have shuriken?

Moley said:
Did you not hear me say that we don't need the nunchaku now we have shuriken?
The Shuriken are really cool . . .but you can't beat the lovely thud/crack you get with a good nunchuck :whistle:

I just looked. It was 80 to go. I have no idea the average of new members per day, but i'll take a wild stab at 2 per day. So 40 days time is the magic day. What date that is i'm not sure. So lets make it Aug 29th :cheers:

1 week from today, but guys & gals I hate to rock the boat, but I went to the members list, ordered it by number of posts ascending and we have 109 pages of members with 0 posts. Granted some are recent joiners but at a glance the majority are not, so 109*25 names per page, = 2725 members with 0 posts. Even if you say (broad stretch of imagination) 725 are recent joiners give them a chance to post that's still 2000 0 post members. Maybe a "Have you forgotten us" email might be a thought.

July 26 th paul keg 9 homebrews :cheers:
dennisking said:
Time of writing I see we are 76 people away from member no. 5000 so what about the usual guessing game for what date that will happen. I will start the ball rolling July 29th. Hope this one gets a round in. Also have to say its a great achievement by the admin team. :clap:

orange said:
I have no idea the average of new members per day, but i'll take a wild stab at 2 per day.
The average is more like 6-7 new members per day, subject to how many you manage to stab before they validate.

HLA91 said:
1 week from today, but guys & gals I hate to rock the boat, but I went to the members list, ordered it by number of posts ascending and we have 109 pages of members with 0 posts.
Zero post count in itself doesn't mean a lot, there are plenty of members who lurk, read, learn but never declare themselves or contribute, and that is perfectly acceptable.

If you sort that membership list by “date last active” I find the numbers quite remarkable - well over 500 have visited at least once in the last week and almost 1000 have visited at least once in the last month. Many of those will have a zero post count, see above.

There are also rather a lot who visit, register, look around, stay for an hour, a day, maybe a few weeks, and then never return again. I don't know if a blanket email would be beneficial, but that's for the Admin. to decide.

Moley said:
There are also rather a lot who visit, register, look around, stay for an hour, a day, maybe a few weeks, and then never return again. I don't know if a blanket email would be beneficial, but that's for the Admin. to decide.
I think we need to practice with the Shuriken :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now what date do I know the 5000th member is going to join :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :whistle:

Back