5L mini kegs - can I fill and keep them like bottles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the tips. Two 5l kegs and the spear tops, tap etc on order from brew2bottle now.......can't wait!

Here begins the trial - one filled straight from the fermenter and carbed according to the tables (temp and pressure vs desired volume etc...) and one with a bit of added sugar to get things going. The unprimed one came out looking good but was pretty flat once the foam had died and I'm guessing that maybe I overfilled it and reduced the headspace too much. I'll leave that one for a bit with a bit more pressure. The primed one was really foamy but I took the pressure off the keg and just dialled in around 3psi to move the beer out and it's perfect! Flows out really well and the beer is carbed just like it's been bottle conditioned. It's clear as well although I did shorten the tube a little to keep it off the bottom of the keg. Overall I'm pleased and looking forward to the next brew. Thanks all for your help.......

Latest posts

Back