A newbie but hooked already

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quensabob

Reaction score
Hi
I am a former chef that experimented with homemade wine when I was training to be a chef in the 80's.It was something that never seemed to work right and I gave up the idea.
Now however thanks to my Mum in laws neighbour who introduced me to her home brewed wine at christmas and thanks to a The Range make your own white wine kit I have started again.
I am hooked already the wine has just finished fermenting and today I am going to stabilize and clear,can't wait to start on something a bit more homemade,thanks to lots of fantastic information on here!

quensabob said:
... thanks to a The Range make your own white wine kit I have started again...
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of brewing! :thumb:

I started off with a The Range kit too - the buckets are really robust! I didn't think much of the sanitizer sachets. They make sense from a starting point - relatively safe; no poisonous fumes - but the 10 minute contact time and the 45 minutes lifespan made bottling frantic. I switched to Videne, but Star San is more popular.

I have only done beer and cider kits so far - I'll get around to wine soon.

Hey and welcome! A Newbie myself, due to receiving a coopers lager kit for xmas myself. Had no idea how it would turn out and it was amazing!
4 brews down since then and I am totally hooked. Not a wine drinker myself but might be tempted for a bit of difference.
I would not want to invest too much on wine making (already spent far too much on beer brew stuff and still going!) but can you recommend a 1 gallon white wine kit to brew in a 5l spring water bottle?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Back