a wee hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibison

Reaction score
well hey guys, just about to start making my own wines, seen a lot of things I'm looking to try and with a bit of luck not mess up aha :D
just found this site thought the information here that I've read so far is really good hopefully at some point I'll be able to contribute something of worth :P

done a little bit of research but I do have a few questions I've not yet been able to find an answer on but that can wait until another time.

My ideas so far are simple (I think, well hope ;) ) going to try a tropical juice wine and with a bit of luck maybe a sparkling apple wine, anything you would recommend that I try first?

ach well long short of it... hiya from glasgow and cheers! :drunk:

welcome to the forum Dibison :thumb:

I would recommend you try the forum favourite WOW a full how to can be found here

We are a friendly bunch so if you have any questions just ask or make use of the forums excellent search facilities.

:cheers: :cheers:

Sparkling wines require bottles designed for fizzy drinks, don't try to put it into normal wine bottles.

When I first started I made 2 mistakes in among the first 3 or 4 wines - one was too much sugar, didn't sanity-check the recipe, a kilo in a gallon is plenty - the other was managing to oxidise a wine by sloppy siphoning (and other) technique, consequently I now overdo the Campden a bit just in case.

Generally though you can get away with an awful lot, and it's enormous fun (even if some of the processes are a bit tedious, eg stripping the berries of 4lbs of elder twigs)

oldbloke said:
(even if some of the processes are a bit tedious, eg stripping the berries of 4lbs of elder twigs)

Freeze them and then shake them off :grin: :grin:

graysalchemy said:
oldbloke said:
(even if some of the processes are a bit tedious, eg stripping the berries of 4lbs of elder twigs)

Freeze them and then shake them off :grin: :grin:

Yeh well nobody suggested that until afterwards!
The missus did - AFTERWARDS!!!

OK, then - washing and stonning 15lb of plums...

See, Dibison?
Even when you've been at this game a couple of years you pick up new useful info all the time on this forum!

cheers for the welcome guys and good to see theres always banter ;D

Latest posts

Back