about to put brew in keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps

Reaction score
i am just about to put brew into keg
its a woodfordes wherry real ale
og 1.040 25c
fg 1.006 21.
i have had the same fg reading for 3 days now
how much priming sugar should i add to the keg.for a 40 pint brew please

i usually stick to about 85g as the above post says anymore and the tap rubber starts weeping found this out the hard way :(

Mr BR said:
i usually stick to about 85g as the above post says anymore and the tap rubber starts weeping found this out the hard way :(

Got a tip today, fill your keg with water, and pressure up with your Hambleton Bard gas - you'll soon find if you're leaking anywhere without losing valuable brew :party:
:cheers:

I put 100g in my Wherry and it caused the PV to bulge and weep at the tap fitting. People told me to tick to around 80g......

if you put to much sugar in and have a gas valve thing on the top will it just release what it needs to instead of making the tap leak ?

cheers d

theboytony said:
My dad has little pressure gauges on his and just pulls on the pressure release if it gets a bit high

Interesting, do you have a link to the gauges he uses or more info?

Toastie said:
if you put to much sugar in and have a gas valve thing on the top will it just release what it needs to instead of making the tap leak ?

cheers d

My budget keg used to leak through the tap before the PRV would release any :evil: :evil:

Hawks said:
My budget keg used to leak through the tap before the PRV would release any :evil: :evil:

Same here. I found that taking a couple of pints off shortly after after second ferment did the trick. Mine was bulging at the bottom too. PRV didn't seem to do anything....maybe they just work before the thing actually explodes!

Bit rubbish that the tap fitting leaks before the release valve though.....guess they are cheap so.....

ye thats a bit **** , my next keg will be a good one i think , for now i wont go mad with the sugar :)

I've heard the pressure release valve in action back in the days I kept my brews in my bedroom... it went off at 3am, screaming like a banshee. Scared the bejesus out of me.

Woodfordes wherry instructions say half a teaspoon of sugar per pint upto a maximum of 100 grammes for a pressure keg.

I myself am brewing the same wherry for the first time but I bought the king keg with a top tap to transfer mine into.

Unused so far as the brew is still in the FV but I shall put in the maximum as theese kegs have a relese valve on them anyway.

jonnymorris said:
I've heard the pressure release valve in action back in the days I kept my brews in my bedroom... it went off at 3am, screaming like a banshee. Scared the bejesus out of me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Latest posts

Back