Adaptor for Sodastream quick release to screw type?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkhouse

Regular.
Reaction score
Carnforth, sleepy old town in the northwest
Hi, I use Sodastream gas bottles (blue ones) for pressure transferring beer into bottles. I’ve got the regulator from malt miller plus the co2-Sodastream adaptor.
Here’s my issue- the very thing that made this setup convenient is the fact that we have a Sodastream plus a gas exchange postal service set up so it made it very easy to just grab a blue bottle when needed. However the damn Sodastream has crapped out on us and Sodastream are kindly sending us a new model which comes with ‘quick connect’ gas bottles that now won’t fit my pressure regulator! 😒
So…. Is there such a thing as an adaptor which can be attached to these new fangled (pointless I might add) quick connect bottles that will then allow me to screw them into the old type threaded valve, effectively turning the new bottle back into an old type threaded bottle?

I only know of an adapter that will allow you to fill your own sodastream bottles from a bigger cylinder.
This works out a lot cheaper if you're a regular sodastream dispenser user.
Also an adapter that attaches big cylinder onto sodastream machine is available.
Maybe flog the new sodastream and get an old one on ebay.

Latest posts

Back