Issue with Deluxe Sodastream Cylinder Adapter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a good question. Looking very closely at the “inside chamber” reveals this at the back. I presume it’s not meant to be there?

It looks like there is a hole through to the “pipe” that connects the two ends of the adapter.

View attachment 90318
View attachment 90317

View attachment 90316
Can't quite make out the last two piccies? But the first piccie clearly shows the hole that carries gas from the cylinder to the regulator. There must be NO communication between that hole and the threaded hole for the thumb screw. If there is (which might happen if the item was incorrectly located in the drilling machine/jig for some reason, and I've a sneaking suspicion this is the fault?) the O-rings will be bypassed, and the device is so-much scrap brass.

There must be NO communication between that hole and the threaded hole for the thumb screw. If there is (which might happen if the item was incorrectly located in the drilling machine/jig for some reason, and I've a sneaking suspicion this is the fault?) the O-rings will be bypassed, and the device is so-much scrap brass.

Yes that’s what I’m trying to show in those photos. If you look into the hole where the threaded pin goes, I think there is a hole into the gas “pipe”. So gas is bypassing the o-rings.

Ill see what Kegland say, but because I bought it from an ebayer I doubt they’ll do anything.

... Ill see what Kegland say, but because I bought it from an ebayer I doubt they’ll do anything.
You may be lucky? To "Kegland" fixing this is a bit of excellent global publicity for the price of only one freebie cheap (to them) device! (And if they read this, which is quite possible, refusing to fix it is a missed opportunity to sell many more!).

Latest posts

Back