Add more Yeast ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone here is my question, I started a Lager on saturday and there is very little bubbling via the airlock, and even little activity looking through the top of my barrel, the kit had a 7gram yeast pkt should that be enough ? and another question would be, could I add another yeast pkt to the brew even at this stage, or should I not. Thanks.

Hmm, that seems long time with no sign of activity....I would have probably used 2 packs from the start. What temp are you fermenting at? What was the brew, all grain/BIAB/kit?

Hmm, that seems long time with no sign of activity....I would have probably used 2 packs from the start. What temp are you fermenting at? What was the brew, all grain/BIAB/kit?
There was activity for the first few days, its a coopers continental lager with liquid malt extract, its not the first time there has been lack of activity, my last batch was similar but there was plenty froth on the top though m8.
the temp is sitting between 16/18.

There was activity for the first few days, its a coopers continental lager with liquid malt extract, its not the first time there has been lack of activity, my last batch was similar but there was plenty froth on the top though m8.
the temp is sitting between 16/18.

OK, is there still froth there? I would take a gravity reading if you can?

Latest posts

Back